• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Orphan returned

Started by glennab, December 11, 2008, 11:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Hannie

I've done the best I can for your orphan.  Didn't intend to take so long, but we've had our usual luck, and I was in a fender-bender last week (the other driver's fault), shaken up a bit, back to the chiropractor forever for whiplash and a few other stretched and distorted ligaments & muscles.

I'm uploading as soon as I post this.  I didn't sharpen it, even with the high pass, but I think the high-pass will help a bit.  I'm going to let you call it on this one.

Hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Hi Glenna,

What a beautiful result, thank you so much for all the work and effort you have put into it, it paid off!
The lady looks good with the little extra highlights you added, well done.

But I am going to have to tell you stop having accidents now, please, no more!
Glenna I hope you will not have any long lasting problems from all of this. 
(Do folks in Florida drive that badly?  ;-)

Very best wishes and a speedy recovery,

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, to answer your question about Florida drivers: in a word YES!  They're the absolute worst.  We've imported them from all over the world. No one else wants them.

As for the accident, it was the perfect way to end a perfect year!  If we survive to 2009, maybe we'll have better luck.  One can hope.

Thanks for the kind words about the restoration.  It was a bear!  I'M NOT AN ARTIST... I'M A HUMAN BEING!! (Well, that's obscure, but it just blurted out.)

Many hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Quote from: glennab on December 12, 2008, 08:56:02 AM
... I'M NOT AN ARTIST… I'M A HUMAN BEING!! (Well, that's obscure, but it just blurted out.)...

That sounds like a famous quote but I can't remember who said it before?

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

You're right kinda.

The pitiful creature just crawled into a corner, his hands over his face, and cried " I'm not an artist, I'm a human being !"

Some think that the tome called Farenheit 451 didn't go far enough
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Actually, it's a quote from the movie The Elephant Man.  He's in a train terminal, I believe, and he's being tormented for being so horrendous looking.  He cries out "I'm not an animal; I am a human being."  The Elephant Man is one of my favorite movies.  I cried so hard at the end that I had to sit in the theater for 5 minutes to get myself together enough to leave the premises.

Anyway, the quote –or a derivative thereof – is at times an handy expression of dismay.  It a treasured part of my extensive eccentric repertoire.  As I said – pretty obscure, but all the more precious for that reason.  Most times no one gets it, but it's great to watch their reaction.  And for what it's worth, it helps me let off steam.

The evil linguistic wiles of the Garrulous Kraken...

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)