• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

2nd restore help please

Started by PaulD, November 09, 2008, 12:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulD

Hi
This is what I have done so far. I don't know how to repair the trees and I don't know what the brown bit is near the bottom corner is of the photo. Looks a bit like a door.
Does this restoration come under the easy category?

original

What I have done so far

Thank You
Paul

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Paul. This is an unusual photo and you are right it does look like a door? Living where I do I have no idea about ski fields. Do they have huts built into the snow? That might explain the door.
With the trees you can borrow bits from the non damaged areas to fill in the tops. I'd add a bit more shading in a couple of places on the slope, the top corner near the damaged tree trunks and the line from the main trees across to our left as you look at it.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

That brown thingy is certainly a mystery. There could be a whole structure there behind the damage that we'll never know about. Maybe with your distributor's permission you could turn it all into snow. Which, by the way, isn't usually yellow on a ski slope  ;). And while evergreens have a lot of magenta in their green they don't have that much. Color-correcting this puppy isn't a simple matter. Just adjusting levels leaves it too magenta over all - there isn't enough control. I used curves, picking a white point from the snow (NOT from the damage, which is brightest) and a neutral point from the tree shadow on the snow, then diddled the green curve to take care of magenta casts and make the trees green and snow really white (mostly).

I second Tess' advice to burn some shape into the snow.This isn't as easy an image as it looks. You've got a good start on it.

<C>

<C>