• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

PLEASE HELP!

Started by HuskyRose1973, July 14, 2006, 08:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuskyRose1973

Hi all,

I am getting a little stressed as for the life of me cannot find how to download the images that have been made available to me..... i tried rick click saving and they save as one grey pixel! it says on here in the FAQ download the image, but not how to.... mine say they have not been made available but i was sent an invite.... STRESSED! Apparently a link to the high res is spose to be next to the pic and i dont see that in my gallery..... what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Sam

Kenny

Sam, click the link to the invite. It should open up the gallery where your images are located. Click the Image you want to download and it will load up to a bigger size. Look on the right and it says "Add to lightbox" and "click to download". Click to download and it will ask you if you are sure you want to download the image. After clicking that your image will download to your computer. Be patient, the download takes a bit to start. Just a silly question, but you DO have a photoshelter account and you're logged in when you're trying to do this aren't you?

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

HuskyRose1973

yep i am logged in and all it does is load it inot the lightbox, i get no message asking for conformation..... Thanks for responding too... i am going nuts....

Ziaphra

What browser are you using?

HuskyRose1973

Ziaphra

That's odd then...you should be seeing it. I can't see it in Opera but can in IE...

HuskyRose1973

Nope i am not seing that at alll.....

I am nearly ready to give up..... i am so frustrated, i can see pics there and i really want to fix them, but this is giving me a headache....lol

Ziaphra

Possibly try downloading netscape and using that...

HuskyRose1973

I would rather not download another browser, especially considering this site should operate on IE....
i have emailed Becky, guess i shall have to wait to hear from her.... guess i might just not be able to help!! dissapointing.  :(.

I give up!

Kenny

I just checked Photoshelter in Internet explorer and it works for me. I would guess that it's a problem on the gallery side. I think you have to set up the gallery for people to to be able to download images from it, so it probably got set up where it won't let you download. Wait to hear from Becky, I'm sure she can get it sorted out. Don't give up just yet! (Although I know it can be frustrating :P )

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

Dave

You should have received two invites. One to be able to view all of the OPR images available to download. Once you accept that invite, all you're able to do is view and comment on  the images, but more importantly it adds you to the volunteer database on Photoshelter so that Mike and Becky can "see" you.

After you  have accepted the first invite, you're free to leave comments on any images that you would like to work on. Becky or Mike (depending on who's guidance you fall under) will then set up a personal gallery for you to download your selected images. Once that personal gallery is created, you'll receive a second invite with a link that leads directly to your gallery.

Are you sure you're working from the second invite?

Becky is out on assignment at work right now (I know because I'm her assignment editor). I'll let her know about your problem when she gets back to the office.

Don't give up either way. You may be frustrated now, but in the end you'll be really happy that you stuck with it.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

beckysell

Sam,
I went into your account and reset EVERYTHING. 
Let me know if this works!
We'll keep working on it if not and figure something out, even if I have to drive a cd of the photo to your front door (okay, that would probably be a bit extensive...)
Becky

milanab

especially since they live in AU :wow:
without faith...there is no hope

Kenny

Quote from: milanab on July 14, 2006, 03:09:48 PM
especially since they live in AU :wow:

Bring me back a Didgeradoo  :up:

But why is the rum gone?

havril

Becky can you check my account out as I have sent in to restore 2 pictures from the gallery 1 of them over a week ago and have not received an invitation for it
Harvey Fish