• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Nostalgia trip (i.e. your most embarrassing photographic moments)

Started by Dave, September 21, 2008, 05:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

Honestly, I can't recall wearing diaper or potty training.  I am not sure it is just me or most of the people's memory don't go back that far.  From the picture of the first day of school, the house appeared to have elevated floor and one foot crawl space.  The buildings in the area were razed and replaced by high rise condos last time I visited.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

In order to keep this thread going, I'm posting a shot for Candy.  Not sure on what ship I was serving at the time.  This is in Japan, fall of 1949.

Shujen, I love your little guy photos!  From a delighted child with a blanket of kittens to a very serious schoolboy.

Anyway, here's the littlest swabbie!

(A little addendum.  I was joking about the ship on which I was serving, but I remember my dad telling me that I had spent enough time on Navy "tubs" to have earned sea pay!  No QE2 for us!)
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Glenna, that is so cute, I also like the earlier photo your posted. 
I know now what my granddaughter Louise will look like when she grows up because she looks very much like the little girl in your photos!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, I spent most of my life thinking I was just plain ugly.  Courtesy of my parents. (My dad used to tell me I had a Roman nose – as in roamin' all over my face.) I'm tempted to tell Louise that I'm sending her a huge hug and my most abject sympathy if she ends up resembling me.  But as I look at the old photos, I realize I was a cute little kid, contrary to my early imprinting.  Any of you who have little ones, be sure they know they're beautiful!

Speaking of beautiful... Mary I love your new avatar.  I want to see a larger version! As lovely as you are now, I suspected you were probably a knock-out in your early days.  Now I know for sure!

I'm still looking for my prom photo.  Have several more boxes to go through.  Just looking for the old shots is more fun than I realized it would be.  And at least the ones I've scanned for this thread will be ready to go on disk!

I keep thinking about the lady in Biloxi who told me she had her photos in locking plastic boxes up on the highest shelf in her closet.  The water from Katrina covered her house to the attic, so all the history she thought was safe... wasn't.  That was a story that caused tears!  (and my photos are stored in locking plastic boxes in the very top of my closet.  No more feeling secure with that!)

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Glenna,

From all your pictures posted, you are always pretty.  If anybody told you otherwise, they were wrong.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

mschonher

Glenna here I is in 1976 and in 1947.  Don't laugh too hard!  Where did that young girl go?

Mary

klassylady25

Quote from: glennab on September 28, 2008, 12:44:17 PM
In order to keep this thread going, I'm posting a shot for Candy.  Not sure on what ship I was serving at the time.  This is in Japan, fall of 1949.

Shujen, I love your little guy photos!  From a delighted child with a blanket of kittens to a very serious schoolboy.

Anyway, here's the littlest swabbie!

(A little addendum.  I was joking about the ship on which I was serving, but I remember my dad telling me that I had spent enough time on Navy "tubs" to have earned sea pay!  No QE2 for us!)

I love it!!! 

Tess (Tassie D)

These photos are wonderful. It's amazing how no matter how much we age we can still see the child in us all.  :halo:

Max wheres yours?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

No responsibility will be accepted for damage to Monitors or other electronic equipment.

Here's an old photo of me about 3-4y.

And a photo of old me!

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Max, that's one precious baby photo!  And what a handsome guy you are.  Even upside down! There's something about you Aussie guys.

Is that your sweet Emily with you?

Mary & Candy, I love your photos.  Pretty ladies! And adorable babies!  Wouldn't it be nice if we could plant ourselves in time somewhere between the two?

Hugs

GK

BTW, Shujen, thanks for the sweet comment.  We shall be friends for life!

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Beautiful photos Max. It must have been an unwritten rule for little boys to have the cowlick hair. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Tassie, yours are great too, though I'm not sure you haven't cheated and snuck in one of Bethany - your teen one is much a case of "like Mother, like Daughter".

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Tess (Tassie D)

lol its funny you should say that Max. Here is me beside Bethany at a similar age. I have better photos of her in the album that look just like me.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]