• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Nostalgia trip (i.e. your most embarrassing photographic moments)

Started by Dave, September 21, 2008, 05:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

GlennaB suggested this after recent comments to her new avatar which is a photo of her and her husband from the late 70's. So never one to back down from a challenge I post my own bit of visual memory lane with my prom picture from 1987.

There's nothing more hypnotic than a well-groomed mullet. Eighties style required attention to detail. Notice how the tie and cummerbund match the silvery sheen of my lady's dress! To complete the ensemble: white tux and tails, white shoes and a white limousine.
My  prom  date was resplendent in her 'fe-mullet' style—which required heavy moisture and hair spray—silver lips and raccoon eyes.
After Denise danced all night with another guy, we went our separate ways. Besides, she wanted to never "ruin our friendship." But with this picture, we'll always have the magic of this moment.

Game on OPR. Game on.

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

glennab

Dave, you really know how to throw down the gauntlet with panache!  That's a great photo.  What I DO hate about it is that you've barely changed, darn your hide!  You still look so young.

But I love this challenge.  C'mon guys, bring on the oldies & goodies!

Hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

That's a good one Dave, made me smile. 

I'm not sure how to change my avatar, besides it took 3 yrs to figure out how to get one up on the forum!

Mary

glennab

Mary, don't necessarily change your avatar.  I love that photo of you.  Just put an older one in your post.  I promise I'll change mine to what I really look like once we're through playing!  This is just too much fun!

GK

P.S. If you DO want to change the avatar, click on profile in the top menu, and at the mid-left of the next page there's a header called Modify Profile.  Click on the second item: "Forum profile information" and upload your new photo by turning on the radio button that says "I will upload my own picture."  Browse for the photo on your computer and load 'er up.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Thanks G I'll have to find a half way decent photo from the 70's or 80's.  This could be a whole lot of fun for everyone.  After all we all love old photos right?

M

glennab

I know I do!  It's one reason I adore our OPR job!

What got me started was going through our REALLY old photos (i.e. me at 3 in a little sailor suit in Japan right after WWII - I'll have to dig that one out for Candy) to get them scanned and on a disk.

I ended up going through every box of photos I own looking for a specific shot of my son that I wanted to share with someone (it was in the last box, of course!).  It was amazing!  I laughed and I cried.

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

I know what you mean I can go through photos for hours and it brings back so any great memories and like you I laugh and sometimes I cry.

I love the idea of just putting the photo into the post like Dave did.  This way I can really see the photo.  So Glenna, let's have the bigger photo of you and Lon so I can really see it.

M

Mhayes

Wow Dave, that is going to be hard one to top! The beauty of it is that we can all download that picture for some special moment later in time!  :funny:

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

mitzs

Hmmm, I belive I see a disco ball hanging in the background.  :halo:

glennab

Ok, Mary, you asked for it.  I realized that this is one of the very few portraits we have together.  Neither of us is photogenic, so we hate having our pictures taken.  Irritates the heck out of the kids.

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: Dave on September 21, 2008, 08:18:00 PM
It can't get worse than it is, Margie.

:funny: Dave didnt see what we did when you got your new office Margie or he never would have said that. Thats one good mullet there Dave.

Glenna I love that photo of you and Lon. With those hair styles it has to be the 70's? Is that an Olan Mills stamp in the corner lol?

I'll have to scan something old in from my photo album. I make sure I'm taking the photos these days.  ;D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Dave, your portrait is just "priceless" and I doubt anyone can top that one easily.  :funny:
Glenna you and Lon look just too cute.
I'm still searching for something good to show off. I don't have many pictures of myself.

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

glennab

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mitzs

Isn't that the dorthy hamilton hair cut Glenna? I don't know why you guys don't like your pictures taken you are both cute. Love it Glenna.