• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I think I am going to cry.

Started by mitzs, September 19, 2008, 04:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitzs

All that work I did on that little girl is gone. My perfect plaid match up. Gone. I save it as a psd file as soon as I did my ctrl/j and though out the work I just did a ctrl/s it is a habit I have from word. I don't know what happen but PS does not reconginse the file now.  :'( Oh well maybe 4th time is the charm? :huh:

weewood

Did you save it already? Did you use the same name? The reason I ask, is I have a program that I use called Recover MyFiles, and it works great, but won't help you much if you used the same name. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

mschonher

Hi Mitzs,

I cannot tell you how many times I have lost hours and hours of work, it happens to all of us.  Have you tried going to PS > file > open recent.  Sometimes this has saved me.  Good luck.

Mary    :hug:

Hannie

Mitzs, I've done something similar a few times.  To fix it I had to right click on the file and choose "change name" and then type in the right extension:  .psd

Good luck,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mitzs

Thanks guys I am in the middle of fixing dinner, I will try it tonight for sure. I'll let you know what happens.

Tess (Tassie D)

What a shame. It only happened to me once and I lost about 4 hours of work. I went straight in and set PSP to save automatically every 5 minutes after that.
I hope you can rename the extension and get it back.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mitzs

Hannie suggestion worked for me. Thank you hannie!  :loveit: And you can see here if you want. I would appreciate everyones feed back.
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1665.msg17428.html#new