• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

#12 - Thoughts on this?

Started by DavieBoyDave, August 13, 2008, 12:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavieBoyDave

Evening Peeps,

So far on this photo is below... everything is so dark... there is so little in the background I am only concentrating on the people and the dogs.

I think I may have to find a suitable donor for the chihuahua on our right... there isn't enough detail left to do any real cloning...

Your thoughts so far??

Johnboy

Dave,

I think the restoration is too contrasty. The detail in the man's sweater is better in the original than the restoration. Also the facial highlights seem too hot also. Plus the background is darker in the restoration than the original. I downloaded your photo and used Glenna's tutorial on color correction http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1304.0.html. This is the result I got.

When I was doing the Threshold layer adjustment part of the tutorial your restored photo showed response before the original which tells me something is too contrasty.

I have used this technique on my last two restorations and it has worked great. Before that I was doing the levels adjustment layer adjusting each layer individually. After using the tutorial method you many need to go back and adjust further with levels or curves.

Good luck

Johnboy