• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

OPR Gallery

Started by DavieBoyDave, August 13, 2008, 05:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavieBoyDave

Morning All,

Just wondered if any of you knew of a way of searching the OPR gallery...

For example, If I want to view all images in the gallery by Tassie D (sorry to use you as an example) so could I?

I have found the gallery keyword search, and the place to enter the name for the username, but not sure one what paramenter to use to get the results I want. It appears I have to add in keywords of the images but every image is named differently...

Click here for the page I am refering to...
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=search

Cheers
Dave.

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Dave. I just tried to search for pictures from a user but couldn.t get any results. I think its because you have to search for an image name or keyword.
Maybe John  :loveit: could add view all photos by member?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

That would be the elegant solution Tassie, if that can't be done the other option would be to add you name to the keyword list, that could be done retrospectively by members editing  their "My Images" page.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

DavieBoyDave

Tassie - under image name or keyword search there is also a "Posted By (Member Name):" option... it just requires a keyword too? :(

Max - yeah, that is what I have done, so I can search mine, but I actually wanted to see other peoples collections... and they haven't done the keyword thing too.

Oh well - we'll see what John says... or if I get a chance I'll post on the SMF Gallery forum... they might have some more info.

Cheers peeps. Dave.

Tess (Tassie D)

Did my edit of the photos so the key word for mine is Tassie D.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Everyone, I have been MIA due to a wedding over the weekend and the rush to get the photos out for viewing to the owners. Boy is it nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Dave, you could do a search but it really won't help you. The only photos that you can pull up will be the ones available in the four galleries. Once they are sent out, you will be out of luck. Each of the distributor's can do a search for a photo, usually by the family name, and that allows us to pull up photos that are current, in the archive,  or ones that have been returned. PhotoShelter's image search would be geared more for their commercial site where a search could be used to pull up photos by certain photographers.

The best and only way to view other member's work is to go to the Gallery section. Hope that helps.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hate to tell you Tassie, but it appears that the search by keyword function is only available to search your own images in "My Images". :mad:

Sorry about that, but you needed something to do to fill in all the spare time, didn't you? >:D

MarCat, Dave is referring to being able to search the OPR "Before & After" gallery, not the galleries on PhotoShelter.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Mhayes

Whoops! Blame it on lack of sleep!  :wow:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Max do you want to try using the search like the shot below and see if it comes up for you?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Yeah, worked that time , must have stuffed something up the first time  :-[

Max