• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

ODE TO THE VOLUNTEER! VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION WEEK!

Started by cmpentecost, April 27, 2008, 10:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

I want each and every one of you to know how very special you are, for not only the time you give to OPR, but to the time, skill, caring and compassion that you give to each and every photo you work on.  What you do is something very special..not only for OPR, but for the people who own the photos.  You have brought a lot of happiness to a LOT of people.  The OPR volunteers are part of a large team.......we all help each other and in the end, we are helping humanity.  Thank you all so much!  You are truly the BEST!!!

Chris

I will be adding something daily to this thread, if not more often.

Ode To A Volunteer

Many will be shocked to find
When the day of judgement nears
That there's a special place in
Heaven set aside for volunteers.

Furnished with big recliners,
Satin couches and footstools
Where there's no committee chair,
No group leaders or carpools.

Telephone lists will be outlawed
But a finger snap will bring
Cool drinks and gourmet dinners,
And rare treats fit for a king.

You ask,
Who'll serve the privileged few
And work for all they're worth?
Why, those who reaped benefits
And not once volunteered on earth.

- Author Unknown

klassylady25

:hug:  Thank you Christine.  It touched my heart.

glennab

Chris, that's a lovely tribute, and much appreciated, especially coming from the best of the best!  You're awesome and special!

Hugs

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Christine, what a sweet note and what a great poem!  I love it!
We will enjoy this week!

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

schen

I was looking forward to doing more photo restorations for OPR in my afterlife.  Wait a minute; there are no floods in heaven. 
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

THJacobson

Hey,

Never heard of thunder, lighting, and 40 days of rain?

Tom :halo: :halo:

weewood

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

cmpentecost

The purpose of human life is to serve and to show compassion and the will to help others.
--Albert Schweitzer

This is our special duty, that if anyone specially needs our help, we should give him such help to the utmost of our power.
--Cicero

You have not done enough, you have never done enough, so long as it is still possible that you have something to contribute.
--Dag Hammarskjold

Life is mostly froth and bubble, Two things stand like stone, kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own.
--Adam Lindsay Gordon, "Ye Wearie Wayfarer" 1833-1870

Wisdom is the power that enables us to use knowledge for the benefit of ourselves and others.
  --Thomas J. Watson

If my hands are fully occupied in holding onto something, I can neither give nor receive.
--Dorothee Solle

We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse.
--Anne-Sophie Swetchine 1869

Like Ripples in a Pond
By Laurie Eytel

We thank you for all
the great things you do.
Large and small,
they all have meaning
to the families you help and to us.
One act
can make all the difference.
Like ripples in a pond
kindness spreads outward,
reaching and touching others
and can change a life forever.
The smiling faces we see say it all...
Thank you...you are our stars!

Thank you, THANK YOU...to all of the wonderful volunteers of OPR.  OPR would not be here if it were not for each and every one of you.  You are truly the best!

Christine

John

Just wanted to commend the Winona Team for doing a great job representing OPR this past weekend.  Great all around effort including all the media coverage... good stuff and well done!

John

glennab

Shujen, look at it this way:  there may not be floods in heaven, but there will always be disasters on earth.  Can you say WIRELESS!?!

I can't picture us die-hards sitting in comfy chairs slurping mimosas no matter where we end up when our heads hit the keyboards for the last time.  I shall forever be looking for the galleries to do JUST ONE MORE!

Thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos from Winona.  It appears to be a beautifully historic place, and the shots of the town and of all of you working the "rescue" are treasures.  The next best thing to being there.  I'm proud of the Winona team and even more happy to be part of OPR.

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Thanks so much Chris, you have made my day  :loveit:

mschonher

Dave

There's nothing that I can say that can beat what Christine has already posted, so I'll simply say thank you to all of OPR's volunteers.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]