• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Cool software I found today to help with portraits with free trial

Started by cmpentecost, January 17, 2008, 06:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

I came across a software program today with a free trial download (that said you could use the trial as long as you wanted!).  It's www.PortraitProfessional.com. 

I played around with it on one of my older portrait restoration photos, and it made some vast improvements to the skin tones that I wasn't able to do in Photoshop.  Plus, you have face sculpture controls, eye controls, mouth controls, lighting controls, etc.  I kept saying "WOW" as I played with this software.  There is a tutorial/additional help on the website and download.  I think this software could be useful if we are trying to reconstruct someone's mouth or nose and are having problems.  By using this software, I could turn the nose up or down, widen it, and same with the mouth, chin, etc.  And....I thought it was pretty easy to figure out, and I did not even look at the tutorials except for a quick read.  Check out their gallery as well.

Anyway...something worth checking out.  The price right now is $59.95, which they say is for a limited time only.

Chris

cmpentecost

Oh, I just discovered the "catch".  You can't save your work unless you buy the software!  I knew there was going to be a catch somewhere.

Chris

Tess (Tassie D)

Can you copy and paste as a new image in Paint or something?  >:D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Probably only using a screen dump with low res result.  :(
Looks like an interesting program, especially the part of changing the size of selected areas seems useful for restoring missing body parts.

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

hendersonforhomes

Quote from: cmpentecost on January 17, 2008, 06:01:12 PM
I came across a software program today with a free trial download (that said you could use the trial as long as you wanted!).  It's www.PortraitProfessional.com. 

I played around with it on one of my older portrait restoration photos, and it made some vast improvements to the skin tones that I wasn't able to do in Photoshop.  Plus, you have face sculpture controls, eye controls, mouth controls, lighting controls, etc.  I kept saying "WOW" as I played with this software.  There is a tutorial/additional help on the website and download.  I think this software could be useful if we are trying to reconstruct someone's mouth or nose and are having problems.  By using this software, I could turn the nose up or down, widen it, and same with the mouth, chin, etc.  And....I thought it was pretty easy to figure out, and I did not even look at the tutorials except for a quick read.  Check out their gallery as well.

Anyway...something worth checking out.  The price right now is $59.95, which they say is for a limited time only.

Chris

I actually own this software.  It is a really good way for me to batch process my retouching if I am giving out proofs of senior portraits or wedding shots.

Now, if someone picks 2 or three poses that they want a lot of, I go back to the original image and retouch them by hand.  Portrait Professional has a  tendency to muddy the skin when retouching.  But, boy, for doing a fast retouch of a bunch of images, it can't be beat.