• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New note 3/17/08

Started by Dave, March 17, 2008, 09:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Christine,

It's easy to say "thank you,"  but harder to let you know just how much your thoughtfulness was appreciated. Hope you realize that this gratitude comes from the heart. (card note)

"Thanks to you and all involved in restoring my dad's photos. The photos are beautiful and I appreciate all the hard work involved. I am sending a donation, although small, in the hopes this wonderful undertaking that you do may continue. You were a god send to me and my family. Again, thank you and God bless always." (personal note)

Marlene Haupt
Metairie, LA
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Hannie

What a lovely note, thanks for sharing Dave!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Dave, thanks for sharing the wonderful missives.  I'll leave for work this morning with tears in my eyes, but they're happy tears.  These notes amaze me.  After all these folks have been through, they take the time to let us know what the restorations mean to them.  Doesn't get any better than that!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

That's what it's all about isn't it? What a lovely thank you note. They keep me going when I'm working on a really hard one.....like the Burke photo.  Thanks for posting these thank you notes.

Mary

Ausimax

These notes are what  bring home to you the fact that what we are doing does make a difference in peoples lives, when you never meet the owner of the photos you have to remind yourself at times that it really is important to them, and the fact that they have waited so long to get them back.

You often wonder how the owners will feel when they receive the result of your labours, I know I never feel that I have done the perfect job and worry that it may fall short of their expectations.

And to get replies like this help keep you trying to achieve more.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

klassylady25

And speaking of home to all of us.... has anyone heard how Ray is doing? 

Candice