• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A heartwarming thank you note.....

Started by cmpentecost, March 14, 2008, 12:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

I just wanted to let you know that I received the pictures today.  What a great surprise.  I know that you said they were coming but when I got home from work they were sitting by my door.  I can't wait to bring my father his pictures.  He is turning "80" this year and that is going to be the best present that I can give him.  The other pictures will help with the photo album that I am trying to put together for my daughter for her wedding.  I can't express enough how much this has meant to me.  With people like you it makes the devastation of losing everything a little more bearable.   You will always have a special place in our life.  Thanks again for all that you have done for us and our family.  If ever we can do anything for you, please don't hesitate to call us.  With deepest gratitude.

Diane & David Melerine

klassylady25

I just love these notes!!! :loveit: 

glennab

Chris, this must have been an especially wonderful note for you, since not only did you restore many of the Melerine's photos, you actually met them.  If ever there were a day when it seemed the agony of trying to overcome your muck machines was too much effort (and that honestly hasn't happened to me), this would be the reason to keep on going.  Between the people we're helping and our indescribably dedicated OPR volunteers, my heart is constantly filled with the joy of our "mission."  Every pixel pushed is so worth it!

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

I restored a few of the Melerine photos a long time ago, but this thank you note is to all of the volunteers who helped restored the 34 photos we received after Biloxi.

These thank you notes are always so nice to receive, and it's so nice to hear how they will enjoy sharing the photos.

Christine

Hannie

What a great thank you note, heartwarming!

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]