• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

OPR Windows Around the World...

Started by John, July 06, 2006, 07:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capriccio

Quote from: Dave on July 11, 2006, 06:50:13 AM
I dont have a digitial camera so I cant really take a picture out of my window, but this isnt too far from where I live. Its actually right in the centre of the city - though you wouldnt think it. This is just the stone keep, there is a huge walls that surrounds it too (will see if I can get an arial picture too)

Are you in Cardiff? I think I've been to that castle! I was there on a chorus tour with Georgia State back in 1994.

Dave

glennab

Okay, here's my first try at using Photobucket. I'm still not sure whether this will work.  If you can see the photo, this is the view when I TRY to look out my front window.  If this works, I'll post a photo of the neat park across the street -- mostly because of the sign that's been posted there since I moved into this house in 1968.

Here's hoping!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Kenny

Heh, looks like my house whenever I go to the pantry, only the dogs and cats are looking at ME like that!  :funny:

But why is the rum gone?

Kenny

The view from my house is boring, but this is the hospital I was born in. It's just a few minutes from me and has been abandoned since 1999. It has long been rumored to be haunted so I got persmission to go up there and take some pictures of the outside. It really is a neat old building and I would love to get permission to go inside for a little ghost hunting!

You professional photographers please overlook my photo taking skills (or lack thereof) :P

But why is the rum gone?

Ausimax

Not exactly from my window, the view is the same but the carport gets in the way, its from my gate, the building on the left is the local Hotel, the one on the right is the community hall and in between is the park and children's playground.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

All I can say is ONLY IN FLORIDA!  This park is across the street from my house, and I've lived here 38 years without spotting ONE alligator!  Alligator turtles, ducks, geese, gallinules, but NO GATORS!  Thank you very much!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

This picture is truely out my window, as it was taken in May from my dining room table!  It is of the Absaroka Mountains in Montana, west of Bozeman.

Christine

happyheart

Wow!, Montana is gorgeous....but I can't take the snow.  We visited there in June one year, for a wedding, and there was still snow in the mountains.  My view is more like the "Don't molest the alligators" pic!  I too live in Florida, Royal Palm Beach.  My daughter convinced us to move here, with statements like "We never get hurricanes in this part of Florida."  Two years ago, our first here, we had three hurricanes go right thru this area.  This past year, we had two more!  So much for 'never'!  At least they were only Cat 2s.  Here's a pic of the front street right after a hurricane, and one of my back yard (what there is of it).  I really love the weather here, but who knows, I could be needing our restoration services in the near future! 8)

If it's artsy or Photoshop, I'll give it a try!
aka Betty

cmpentecost

I just moved to Montana the very end of February 2006, after spending 13.5 years in Jacksonville, FL.  I went thru a few hurricanes, namely Frances, and our damage was minimal.  I cannot imagine what someone must feel after a storm like Katrina, where they lose everything.  My attendance at the NAPP Orlando event was cut short because of Frances.

I do need to make a correction in my photo.  The Absorokas are EAST of Bozeman, not West.  Just a dyslexic moment in typing!

Christine

Ptollemy

This is the view out of my bedroom windows. ;D

Not as picturesque as the lovely scenes above, but it does come with a huge bonus for me... total privacy.

[Okay, Okay, explanation required... we live behind a shop, so our side view is the building next door :)]

John

Quote from: cmpentecost on July 30, 2006, 11:56:45 PM
This picture is truely out my window, as it was taken in May from my dining room table!  It is of the Absaroka Mountains in Montana, west of Bozeman.

Christine

wow, what a view!

nirc2

The building near mine, in Raanana, Israel (northen suburban of Tel Aviv)

Veronica

Quote from: cmpentecost on July 30, 2006, 11:56:45 PM

Christine

Wow that is beautiful!   :up:

Kenny

I saw this cart being pulled by a goat today out my window. The goat in the back is being trained to get used to the cart according to my wife, who knows the goat lady.

Only in a small town.... :funny:

But why is the rum gone?