• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

From Vazquesz in Chalmette

Started by Dave, February 22, 2008, 12:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Dear Christine & friends,

I want to thank you so much for restoring my pictures. It was truly a blessing for me. I lost so many of them, I still cry. The furniture I replaced, but those I could not.

The day I received the pictures Feb 13 - was my husband & I's 54 wedding anniversary. It was a present to receive them. It was wonderful, even when you called.

I loved the way you fixed the background in the one with myself & husband & granddaughter. She was 1 then & she is 9 tomorrow. The one with my 5 sons when they where young is first great, beautiful. Those days could never be again.

I truly loved all my pictures, it was my most treasured possession. My husband & I would lay in bed at night & look at our albums many, many, times, so much to remember then, but now without the furniture, it can hardly be done, we are getting old.

You all have done a wonderful thing for us in Chalmette, Many thanks & much appreciation to all of you.

Marlene Vazquez
Chalmette, LA

(To preserve her voice, I wrote this out exactly how she wrote it on the card. - Dave)
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ratz

Ausimax

This is what it is all about, isn't it. :hug:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Dave, thanks so much for sharing the message.  It's a joy to do the restorations, so making these folks happy is truly the icing on the cake!  I can't thank you enough for founding OPR!  10-Q, 10-Q, 10-Q!!!! (a very old Sesame Street rap!)

By the way, I love your new avatar.  I dub thee Beignet Monster and Pumpkin!  That baby is so gorgeous!  Dad's not exactly chopped liver, but don't you DARE tell him I said that.

Bless!

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Made my day! :loveit:

Margie

PS Dave love the picture!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

How wonderful to read that note! That's what it's all about Dave, helping those people regain their precious memories. What a wonderful organization we all belong to.  :loveit:

Mary

Tess (Tassie D)

That is really heartwarming to read. Great timing for the photos to arrive on their anniversary.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

I had received an email from Ms. Vazquez's daughter, asking me to call her mother, because her mother was wondering when she'd get her photos.  What was so ironic was that I had already mailed them and when I called, she had JUST received and opened her package of photos.  She was so ecstatic about getting her photos back.  One of the photos was of Ms. Vazquez with her husband and their 5 young boys.  One of her son's died, so this was an especially important photo.

Chris