• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

To recreate or not recreate--that is the question

Started by Migsy, July 06, 2006, 01:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Migsy

Howdy,
I've been working on a picture that has a part that is completely damaged. It appears that the woman is sitting on a couch and there's very lil detail of the couch left. (see attached Picture)

I'm not quite sure how to go about this--but I figured i could recreate the couch. The problem i'm preempting is maintaining the couch's texture if i plan on recreating it.

Anybody have any tips or next-step opinions? I'm reaching out to you professional and i'm-beyond-amateur restoration folks out there! =D

-Migsy

P.S. Can we use HTML in here? I tried to embed a picture i have sitting on my own server but the html mark up was being shown =-/'

Dave

As for embeding a picture you use the [img] brackets to do it...

I would personally try to repair the sofa as best I can, even if its not 100% repaired. I would probably try to smooth the damaged area off first with using the remove dust and scratches command, then use the good  textured areas as a template to fix the rest.

John

Quote from: Migsy on July 06, 2006, 01:09:09 PM

P.S. Can we use HTML in here? I tried to embed a picture i have sitting on my own server but the html mark up was being shown =-/'

To add to Dave's comment... paste link to the image in your reply and then highlight it and then click the picture icon to add the IMG tags.  Or you can add the IMG tags separately.