• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Volunteer Info

Started by Dave, July 06, 2006, 11:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like your name and email address to be provided to the owner of a restoration that you worked on?

Yes
25 (96.2%)
No
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: July 20, 2006, 11:13:19 AM

Dave

OPR has received some nice notes of gratitude from the owners of images that we have restored and returned. With each image returned, we include a letter outlining what OPR is all about and the organization's accomplishments.

The idea of including the name and email address of the individual volunteer who restored the image on each recipient letter has been discussed frequently. The pros of this practice would allow for the opportunity for the restoration volunteers to directly receive the credit that they deserve. The cons would be the release of a limited amount of personal information to a complete stranger.

So here's a poll! The results won't necessarily be the deciding factor, but I would like to get an idea of what the majority of you think about this issue.

I would also add that no matter what the results of the poll are OPR will not release anyone's information without specific individual consent.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

John

I think this is a piece that is missing from the OPR model, so I'm all for it!

There is a whole range of feelings that the OPR project creates for both sides, i.e.  the image owner and the volunteer.  There should be a way to bridge that divide so those feelings can be shared if either party is willing to do so. 

It's all part of the healing process, IMHO.

I hope it's implemented.

John

EDIT: I'd like to add that the option be given to the image owner as well, because I can also see a need for a volunteer to contact the owner to get information about the picture being restored, i.e. what color is that fabric on the couch, etc., are those freckles, etc.   Could be a useful communication channel used to provide the best result to the 'customer'.

KaDi

I'd be all for it! I'd like to hear more about some of the stories behind the images. We spend so much time with some of them the people in the pictures become familiar and it makes me wonder who were (are) they and such.

Dave

Fantastic idea  :up: I am sure there will be people out there who would like to say thanks to the people who worked on their photographs.

Ziaphra

I personally have no problem with it. :)

Dave

Wow, 33 views of this topic and only 5 votes. It's like a presidential election.
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

klborschel

Hear, hear!  Or is that "Yay"?  I don't nay...so it must be Yay.  Anyway, I just sent a note to Mike a little bit ago wondering what happens after a picture is restored and how it'd be nice to know how the owners feel about the restored one.  I wouldn't mind hearing from them. So there's my vote for what it's worth. :crazy:
Kevin Borschel
Tallahassee, FL
[email protected]

Dave

Kevin and I think alike. Must be because we share the same birthday. Although he's considerably older (by one year).
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

klborschel

That's GRAMPS to you!  :up:  ...and Happy upcoming Birthday too!
Kevin Borschel
Tallahassee, FL
[email protected]

Bulldoggie

I think it would be a nice addition to provide restorer info.

paula

Carol

I would definitely like feedback from the owners where it is available, either by direct email or messages could be passed on if they do not want to share personal contact details.

Carol
Carol

www.pixelbypixel.com.au
www.littlecritters.com.au

Peter_AUS

Good idea.  I also like to see some way of knowing which images have already been allocated so we don't request the same images inadvertently, might make the process a bit easier for us all, especially from a newbies perspective.

Looking at the images for the group I'm in "P" I'm not sure if I have the skills to even help out at this stage.
Regards,

Peter

Ptollemy

Whilst feedback would be great, I personally would prefer that my details are not passed on. I know, I know, I'm strange like that...  :D

beckysell

Once an image is being restored/has been restored/has been printed and sent, it's not available for anyone to grab or work on.  Hope this helps!