Hi, I'm T! by Lynnya
[September 29, 2020, 12:33:32 PM]

color advice unrelated to opr by Kerbstone
[September 09, 2020, 03:40:17 AM]

Happy Birthday Jonas by Jonas.Wendorf
[August 19, 2020, 05:32:05 PM]

School Days School Days by Candice
[August 16, 2020, 12:47:08 PM]

Author Topic: Cool software I found today to help with portraits with free trial  (Read 5503 times)

cmpentecost

I came across a software program today with a free trial download (that said you could use the trial as long as you wanted!).  It's www.PortraitProfessional.com

I played around with it on one of my older portrait restoration photos, and it made some vast improvements to the skin tones that I wasn't able to do in Photoshop.  Plus, you have face sculpture controls, eye controls, mouth controls, lighting controls, etc.  I kept saying "WOW" as I played with this software.  There is a tutorial/additional help on the website and download.  I think this software could be useful if we are trying to reconstruct someone's mouth or nose and are having problems.  By using this software, I could turn the nose up or down, widen it, and same with the mouth, chin, etc.  And....I thought it was pretty easy to figure out, and I did not even look at the tutorials except for a quick read.  Check out their gallery as well.

Anyway...something worth checking out.  The price right now is $59.95, which they say is for a limited time only.

Chris

cmpentecost

Re: Cool software I found today to help with portraits with free trial
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 06:03:50 PM »
Oh, I just discovered the "catch".  You can't save your work unless you buy the software!  I knew there was going to be a catch somewhere.

Chris

Offline Tess (Tassie D)

• Site Admin
  • OPR Master
    • Travels around the country.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 05:11:06 AM »
Can you copy and paste as a new image in Paint or something?  >:D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
tcameron@operationphotorescue.org

Offline Hannie

• Site Admin
  • OPR Master
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 07:31:59 AM »
Probably only using a screen dump with low res result.  :(
Looks like an interesting program, especially the part of changing the size of selected areas seems useful for restoring missing body parts.

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
hannie@operationphotorescue.org

Offline hendersonforhomes

• OPR Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 11:03:38 AM »
I came across a software program today with a free trial download (that said you could use the trial as long as you wanted!).  It's www.PortraitProfessional.com

I played around with it on one of my older portrait restoration photos, and it made some vast improvements to the skin tones that I wasn't able to do in Photoshop.  Plus, you have face sculpture controls, eye controls, mouth controls, lighting controls, etc.  I kept saying "WOW" as I played with this software.  There is a tutorial/additional help on the website and download.  I think this software could be useful if we are trying to reconstruct someone's mouth or nose and are having problems.  By using this software, I could turn the nose up or down, widen it, and same with the mouth, chin, etc.  And....I thought it was pretty easy to figure out, and I did not even look at the tutorials except for a quick read.  Check out their gallery as well.

Anyway...something worth checking out.  The price right now is $59.95, which they say is for a limited time only.

Chris

I actually own this software.  It is a really good way for me to batch process my retouching if I am giving out proofs of senior portraits or wedding shots.

Now, if someone picks 2 or three poses that they want a lot of, I go back to the original image and retouch them by hand.  Portrait Professional has a  tendency to muddy the skin when retouching.  But, boy, for doing a fast retouch of a bunch of images, it can't be beat.