• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Ziaphra's Restorations - Updated 17th July

Started by Ziaphra, July 05, 2006, 01:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziaphra

Thanx...I think I've got her face to a point where I am happy with it...ignore any jaggies, etc. :)

Ziaphra

Ziaphra

This came from the same family as the little girl above...

glennab

Ziaphra, you are a phenomenon! What an asset to OPR.  I wanted to let you know that I appreciate what you're doing and how prolific you are.  I'm amazed that you manage a house full of kids and still pull off these wonderful restorations!   Awesome!

My fond regards to you,

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

clinttmbg

Quote from: Ziaphra on July 16, 2006, 06:27:14 AM
A little bit of artistic license on the bow...:)

Good job on all the retouching here, but I'd change that flipped eye. It makes her look different to me. Eyes are definitely one of the hardest things. See if you can borrow the ducts, etc from what youy have there and change the position of the eye itself inside the lid. Then you'll have a real gem on your hands. Otherwise, great restoration.
SNK for life!

Russell

I would first change the direction the "new" eye is facing, turn it more toward the camera.  Nice work reconstructing the eye!  Also, I think the nose needs a little more highlight both on the tip and along the vertical part.  It's seems to need a little more dimensionality.

Ziaphra

vhansen

Just a few minor tweaks, but otherwise, very nice.  There's a dark  band of shadow along the right side of ther face, starting at her forehead (on the right side).  Also, it looks like you've changed the bow in her hair (perhaps I just can't see that in the original). Lastly, the sleeve on the right has too much contrast with the background, where as, in the original, it fades into the background (as it was most likely photographed).

Ziaphra

This is also part of the same family as the two above...it looks like it was also originally a painting from the texture on the original so have kept true to that.

vhansen

The clean up looks great, but I don't think the finished image looks like the same individual.  The eyes, eyebrows, and hair appear different.

Kenny

I kind of thought the same thing, but then I've been really studying the picture. I think it's maybe just a matter of adding some subtle shading and highlights. If you look, the original had more highlights on the chin, which gave it more definition. There is also a highlight running down the nose. The eyes look like they could use a little more shading give them definition. If you look closely under the eyes of the original, you can see more shading. Very subtle, but it defines his cheekbones. The restoration looks great and it's only a matter of some very slight shading and highlighting to finish it, in my opinion  :up:

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

cmpentecost

I agree that the eyes need a bit of shadowing, or, at least, to be lightened.  It looks like a photograph, except for the eyes, which look a bit too painted.  It just needs a "genreral softening" of the face.  Otherwise, I think you've done a great job.  You've restored a lot of photos and you do outstanding work!!

Christine

Ziaphra

Thanx for the feedback...really great as I just needed another pair(s) of eyes. Will definitely go back to this one soon.

In the meantime, here is another I did...

cmpentecost