• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thank you.

Started by truckersau, December 19, 2007, 04:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truckersau

Just a big THANK YOU, to everyone for your well-wishes.

Glenna,
Harley's 9yo, and his injurys were confined to his hands and wrists. He tried to keep his arms up to stop the dog getting his face. The neurosurgeon said he might have a bit of numbness in some of his fingers for awhile but will have full use of his hands. Once they clear up all the infection, we will get a plastic surgeon to see what he can do to reduce the scarring.

Tess,
The DR.s can't say just yet if he will be home in time in time for Christmas, it will depend on how quick they can clear the infection. But we're all hopping.

I must say he has been a little trooper thru all this. At this stage he has only 2 complaints, he can't play his playstation, and has to be taken to the toilet.
Since your not surpossed to take photos in the childrens ward, I snuck a photo with my phone.
I have just printed out all your comments to take to him, for you all.

So here's my little trooper.

klassylady25

Harley, put up one heck of a fight.  And the numbness will become a thing of the past the memory is a whole other matter.  How's he taking it?  It's  hard enough for Harley, but scary to think if it had of been a smaller child.   No one's asked but I'd like to know how the heck did it all come about?  And is the dog being put down?  As well he should be. 

P.S. Tell Harley, no one likes being helped to the bathroom!  And that alone should encourage him to get well soon.  :o)

Tess (Tassie D)

Give him a big hug and hope he's home soon.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

All the best to you Harley!!!! Hope you make it in time for Christmas :)
You'll be playing Playstation again in no time :up:
Lots of hugs.

Mhayes

Ray,

Tell Harley Hi and that he is really a brave boy!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Dave

Harley,

Get well buddy. I love your name. Harley was one of my suggestions for my new son who's coming in about 3 weeks. Unfortunately, Angela (my wife) wouldn't go for it.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

truckersau

Thanks every one, I've printed your comments to pass on to Harley.
Thanks again.

cmpentecost

Wish him a speedy recovery for me too!

Chris

truckersau

No problem Chris, will do.

And to answer your questions Candy.
Yes, the dog was put down yesterday. The police had to wait until they did tests on him, in case he had anything in his system.
How it came about was, Harley was riding his skateboard out the front and the dog was just roaming the streets, when it seen Harley it just attacked him. I used the skateboard to get it off him, and it just run up the street. It was just around the corner when the police/dog pound caught him, their still looking for the owner.

Mhayes

Ray, what would you think of the idea of letting each of us surprise Harley with a get well or humorous card  to boost his spirits? I think he would be thrilled receiving cards from around the world. If you think this might be fun for him, let us know the address that we can send the cards to--your address?

Maybe a card from a certain hound would let him know that not all dogs are bad.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

truckersau

Margie, You are so sweet for thinking of an offer like that. :hug: Thank you.
I agree with you on thinking it will lift his spirits.
My address is,
11/22 Myall Rd
Casula 2170
NSW
Australia.

Thanks again.

kiska

Harley, hang in there. Most of us of the canine persuasion are PERFECTLY easy going pups. In fact, I'll give you a big ole wet dog kiss.................................in a minute.  ;)

http://www.pbase.com/ob/image/76296899

http://i.pbase.com/o6/93/579993/1/76296899.vEdCf8ST.pbasehannah.jpg
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Ray, You're welcome, it's a pleasure for all of us to do this. Can't wait to surprise Harley with some morale boosting mail!  :loveit: Would it be best if we had your last name also on the mailing?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

truckersau

great i just found out i can do this
via my phone last name norman
now i can read the forum even
if im not at home
thanks all again

Tess (Tassie D)