• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Just curiosity.

Started by truckersau, November 19, 2007, 09:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hendersonforhomes

I've been a Realtor for 15 years, and also shoot about 40 or 50 senior portraits/family portraits a year.

Sunniee

Howdy! I live in northern California and work for the local PD  :police:
I do photography and PS work for fun.... I am also going to school for my AS degree. My daughter is getting married in a few months.... and I have 3 kids still at home (3 dogs)

Nice to be here and help with such a worthy cause! I look forward to getting to know ya'll.
Photoshop CS3

Mhayes

Welcome you two! Randy despite being a newbie as far as post; you have some experience in restoring photos from the Galleries. Sunniee welcome to the Forum and you will find it is not only for a worthy cause, but a lot of fun as well. It will be noted that you have three dogs, which puts you in the minority; however, before the cats get too smart and gloat over the fact, they want to know if you will be packing heat?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Sunniee

Well... I'm always packin' heat in one form or another  :P
If it matters.... the dogs are probably smaller than the cats!
Photoshop CS3

Mhayes

Sunniee, after careful consideration of your last post, the cats on this end are willing to extend a paw in friendship.  :)

Ok, all silliness aside, how did you find out about OPR?
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome to the forum, nuthouse, whichever you prefer. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Randy, I know you've been with us for a while, but it's great to have you posting more.  I so appreciate that you're a professional photographer, as I believe I've learned more from our photographers than from anyone else (and that's saying a lot).  I hope you continue to be a presence!

Sunniee, a huge welcome.  How in the world do you have time for OPR, with all you have going on in your life?  Job, school, kids, dogs – WOW. As with Margie's felines, my pride of 12 will condescend (they are cats, after all) and welcome your pups into the family as well.  I hope you'll be a forum regular.  You won't find better people anywhere!  And the wonderful thing is that they're EVERYWHERE!

Hugs to both of you,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Sunniee

First.... the dogs are happy to be friends with cats....

I found out about OPR when it first started and someone talked about it in the forums at DPChallenge.com, where I am a member. I signed up to help then, but didnt really have the time for it...

I know I appear too busy now... but playing in photoshop is actually a stress reliever for me since I love to do it! :up:
Photoshop CS3

Ratz

Welcome to the boards Randy, it's always nice to meet new inmates :up:

cmpentecost

Hi Suniee,

Welcome to OPR!  I think a lot of us can relate to working in Photoshop and on the restorations as a form of relaxation.  I will forewarn you that restoring these damaged photos can be addicting....in a good way!   :halo:

Glad you've joined us! 

Chris

paulboyowhite

I am a humble factory worker .I make electronics that fit inside cars to save your lives in the event of an accident .
Very boring but I like my co workers and its a nice easy job.
Outside of work my life revolves around family.
I get knocked down but I get up again,your never gonna keep me down.

Chumbawamba

KenStephens

Many of us mention being retired and having grandkids.

We have seven grandchildren.  When one of them was three years old, she simply did not wake up one morning.  She had no diseases, and no cause for her death was ever discovered.  Because she lived a thousand miles away, we had not seen her as much as we would have liked. 

Enjoy them while you can.  Carpe Diem.

Mhayes

Ken,

How horrible to lose your granddaughter; I hope you have photos of her and imagine it hard when the miles separate you from seeing her more often.

We have lot of volunteers that are retired and sign up for OPR, myself included. Thanks for sharing.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mshake

Hi all,

I'm a retired Tool & Diemaker from Toledo Ohio. My hobby was always photography and I now sell stock photos, mostly landscape and nature, especially waterfalls. I'm married and have one 32 year old daughter. I joined OPR to use my skills in Photoshop to help people. I love this organization and what it does. I like to think we are restoring memories, not just a photo.
Mike

Shadow

A hearty welcome Mshake! Look forward to seeing you around. Good luck with your first restore.