• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

One for the PS Guru's

Started by Ausimax, November 18, 2007, 10:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

For some time I have been having intermittent computer failures until Monday last week when it just gave up the ghost.

I had to perform major surgery to get it up and running again, however since that time whenever I launch Photoshop I get the following Error Message.

Once you click the 'OK" button PS continues to load and operate without problems, I did a Google search for this and it only found three returns, forum posts from people with the same problem, only suggestion was that the .dll belongs to a plug-in probably an Optic-Verve one.

I have reinstalled PS without success and removed all my third party plug-ins, all to no avail,
wondering if anybody here had an answer - its not a problem, but an annoyance having it pop up every time you fire up PS.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

klassylady25

Do you have the free version on Neat Image?

cmpentecost

Sorry I can't help Max.  I hate issues like this.  You don't think that my white spot machine got tangled up with your Photoshop, they did the 'ol switcheroo and bammo......error message.

Oops....just trying to add some humor.  I don't know what to tell you.  It seems you have Googled the error messages.  I have Adobe Lightroom and got error messages doing one particular task this morning, and Googled and searched a ton today, and got no where.  Have you gone to the Adobe Photoshop forum on this?  As is with my Lightroom, I'm guessing it could be some setting within your computer, but what the setting error is could be anything.  Good luck!

Christine

Ausimax

Hi Candy, Had it and removed it, Didn't make any difference. :'(

Yes Chris, tried the Photoshop forum, couldn't find any reference to it there, I was surprised how few hits I got on Google, tried again yesterday and only got one and that was in German, asking the same question.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Hannie

Max, the link to the German site doesn't work so that's no help either.
The error message is related to a third party program as you already suggested.  The only way to get rid of whatever is causing this error message to pop up is thorough removal.  You already removed PS and the plug ins but most programs leave files on the computer after uninstalling.  The trick is to find these references and delete them. 

If you want to try you might do this, a little time consuming but it usually works for me:

1.  remove PS + plug ins
2.  run regedit and type in the name of that particular plug (or any plug in) in that is related to the error message into the search option and remove any files with that name that you find.
3.  run a clean up program like Crap Cleaner (really safe and thorough + free  :))
4.  restart the computer
5.  reinstall PS and see if that did the trick and then install the plug ins, one by one.

There  is another way to but that only works if you make back up images of your C drive.  You then just simply go back to your last image where you didn't have this error and install it.  Gone problem.
I use Acronis True Image and it has saved me a lot of work over the years.  The secret is to have all your data on it's own partition/drive and make regular images of your active drive so all your programs are up to date.

!!!Always back up register when you make changes!!!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

hoodman3

Max, I use this web site for most problems and they usually have some info that I can use.
http://forums.techguy.org/  Right now I don't have any audio. Not much of a problem for me, but needs to be corrected.
Good luck with the fix!
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Ausimax

Hi Hannie,

Thanks for your suggestions, only trouble is I'm lazy, can't whip myself up into a frenzy over something that is only an annoyance.

Several weeks ago when I first started having PC problems I wound it back 20 months with a drive image, I use ghost, and that was well before I had any problems, this is something that seems to have occurred when I attacked it last week.

Main problem is I can't seem to find out what program that .dll is associated with.

Pete, will give that site a try, the truth is out there somewhere! :)

Max

cmpentecost

Hey Max,

Please keep us posted.  The .dll is the same thing I'm getting.  I'm convinced it's some 3rd party software I'm running that is causing these problems...but what??

Christine

klassylady25

http://www.2baksa.net/news/9937/

Kid Pix 23.09.06 | 06:35:48

Thank you!
Sadly the crack for Topaz Vivacity v1.3 for Adobe Photoshop is not working When using the cracked tlpsplib10.dll Topaz Clean stop working the  way it should...   

================================
And another:  problem solved!! all i had to do was delete the plugin files from photoshop cs-plugins in program files, haliluya :)
================================
08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
This might be an old thread, but basically the dll file is in C:/Windows/System32 folder and is created by Photoshop when you install, so by reinstalling PS it will create this file again
========================================

Gos I think you've done it all but will keep a look out for ya,  GOOD LUCK!   :-*  Frustrating to say the least.