• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

PLEASE READ! A new call for volunteers ...

Started by Dave, July 04, 2006, 12:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Hey everyone,

The OPR 4 (kind of like the Fantastic 4, but without the super powers) met last night (Monday, July 3) to discuss business and the state of the organization. One of the issues we talked about in length is the need to reach out to more victims.

We're looking to return to the New Orleans area - specifically Lake Charles as it was hit both by Katrina and Rita. We also want to make an initial run at the Pennsylvania areas that were affected by the recent flooding.

Copy work is a whole different ball game. The work is different in that it's physically demanding - hot lights, contaminated photos, lots of bending over, looooooooonnnnnng days,  etc. However, the payoff is that you get to meet the people we are helping and you experience their tremendous gratitude first hand.

Having been on two of these trips myself, I highly recommend the experience. It provides a greater understanding of what it is OPR is trying to accomplish.

We need to start organizing teams of volunteers who can devote time and effort to spend a few days on location to perform copy work on the damaged originals. These trips aren't going to take place in the very near future (maybe a month or so down the road), but we need to begin organizing them now.

If you're willing to volunteer, email me at [email protected]. I will provide more details about all that is involved in this regard. I'm especially looking for those of you who live in the New Orleans and Pennsylvania areas.

I'll also  be posting a blog update in the next couple of days to detail more info from Monday's evening.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]