• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is this a watch or a splotch

Started by philbach, March 23, 2011, 10:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Well I am just about done with this photo.  But I was wondering whether the lady in the left foreground was wearing a watch or whether this was a blob of some kind.  It appears to me that it is a blob since the Watch is a little too close to the elbow.

The two photo are unrestored.  The black and white is the green channel which seemed to be the best.  I was just wondering what you thought.  Thanks

phil

kevinashworth

Hi Phil,

I'd say it's a watch. The green channel gives a hint at the watchstrap too. I've drawn an outline in red next to it. can you see it too? squint a bit! stare hard.

The reason it's near the elbow is because the strap is loose, that could also be why the face of the watch has slid round to the side of the arm.

Mhayes

Hi Phil,

I would be tempted to restore without the watch, bracket, or whatever because there is not enough detail to bring back. The other option would be to leave just a hint of it in the photo. I would not add detail where there is no info to support it.

Kevin, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when I saw moment to the left!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kevinashworth

;D yeah, just me pratting about inbetween restores!

lurch

I'd say it was a blob. Most people (except maybe lefties) wear watches on their left wrists. Might be a bracelet, but as Margie pointed out, there isn't enough detail there to restore.
<C>

philbach

Well thanks everyone.  I will call it a splotch and proceed. 
phil