• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Birthday Jigsaw

Started by Juliet, June 21, 2008, 03:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juliet

These have been a real trial.  I've been working my way through these two pictures for a while now.  I feel like they are so close yet so far from being done.  There are several things I haven't been able to figure out.  First, how does the arch of the Dad's look?  I feel like it may be off in both photos but I'm not sure in what way. 

Photo 1
1) does Dad's head look like the right size?  I have to take it from the other photo because there was so little information. 
2) what should I do with the woman's chin?  There is nothing there.

Photo 2
1)  What is up with Dad's hair?  Is it a comb-over that is falling forward?
2)  What should I do with the man in the background's missing shirt?

Photo 1
Original

Current

Photo 2
Original

Current

Thanks for your input!

Hannie

Juliet, what an amazing job you have done!
I think Dad's head looks great, right size and all!  The position of Dad's head on the top photo could have been a little more erect but that would also mean that the upper half of his head would be not be visible.  It looks so much better the way you did it!
I think you are right about the comb over.
The lady's chin I would not worry too much about, try to use what is still there and make it a little blurry, she is not the focus of this photo.
For the man in the background I would use the same strategy, keep him out of focus and any neutral color shirt will do, there isn't much of him to see on the photo anyway.

I love what you did so far!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job Juliet. :up: They are looking really great. Is the Dad wearing a watch, it's hard to tell in the 1st one?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

They both are looking good.  On the last picture I would put a match the ladies blouse the dad and call it good, because that is one a portion of her.  To the left of the photo *our* left there is still a small white shadow by the man.  Also, do you remember those copper bracelets that were suppose to have healing powers for arthritis, that may be what you see on  his wrist.  Lastly, the head of the dad looks just about right. 

You're off to a great start on this one!!   

Candice

mschonher

Hi Juliet, You're doing a fantastic job on this photo. I only looked at one photo but everything seems to be right on.  I've suggested some hair for you to look at for an idea and I also simplified the background by filling it in with the wall treatment, I didn't take the time to bring it all the way down though. I also modified the shadow that you think is a comb over.  I was pretty quick and sloppy with what I did but I just wanted to give you some kind of way to go with that hair and the figure in the background. Hope this helps a bit.

Mary