• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Bride and groom

Started by Shadow, August 24, 2017, 08:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Back again with a new one. Did a quick Curves layer. Then I zoomed in ...  :D   Looks like this went through the mucker-upper multiple times. How did I miss that!  Oh my.
Ck out his hand. Any tips for repairing the white damage and keeping the skin tones? Bet I'll have more questions before this repair is done  ::)  Thanks all!

Lynnya

Hi Lyn.. yes mucked up for sure.. that's how my last bride was :D  ...I healed as much as I could then I went to dust and scratches which took care of it all but looked horrid so masked that out and just dabbed at the dust etc with my brush to paint only the dust and scratches out... the skin is harder.. I ended up using all sorts of things.. jumped some and then blended it in, also created a new layer in multiply blend and masked everything out but the part I wanted darker.. like the hand maybe.. also used a new empty layer in "color" blend mode and painted over the white areas..you could use the color from his face... When I paint over anything with color mode or anything else it's always on an empty layer and then I add some noise to bring it up to the rest of the image noise level as I go along... when all else fails? Phlearn to the rescue with the skin from scratch method. You picked a toughy this time but I have complete faith in you  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Girl, you rock! Thank you for the tips. Will give all of them a go. The noise at the end on the color layer  :crazy:  That's what I was forgetting!   :wnw:    Back later with a WIP.

Lynnya

Look forward to seeing it Lyn.. another great tool if you don't already use it is the polygonal lasso tool... it's great if you are working along an edge with color or clone.. just select the area jump it then work on it inside the selection.. gives a lovely sharp straight edge.. good for jackets, lapels skirts etc.. you can always blur the effect a tad if you think it's too sharp a line.... :)

Shadow

Thanks for reminding me about the lasso Lynn. Will do that on his suit.
Here's a WIP. Bambi let me download another pic that showed his hair. So I color corrected that image and took his hair and put it on him in this pic. Wondering if it looks right? Trim the back left side some?
And to those with the good eyes  :cool:  Is the dark blob just to the right of the bouquet damage or ribbon or something? What say ya' gang?

This is the pic I borrowed the hair from:

Current WIP. Loads left to do. All comments welcome!

Latest WIP. Did some trimming on the groom's hair. Still have to tackle hands and the lower bouquet dark thing. Sure could use all your good eyes. And by all means, nitpick away! Thanks gang.

Lynnya

Beautiful job Lyn... I think the blob is a leaf maybe? Do you think his hand could be take a bit more color?

Shadow

So, here's the latest. Lynn, extra thanks for your suggestions. For man hand ended up with a combination of multiple Curves layers with Apply Image on the masks, painting on separate layer sampling skin as close to spot as possible and a little cloning. Have left it a bit rough thinking it looks more natural. Thoughts?

Lynnya

Looks much better.. is it a bit too red now??  :cool: sorry... I'm being very picky today... it's the muckeruppers that make me that way.. s'not my fault.. 8)

Shadow

I welcome "very picky"!! Still have to go back and double ck color and make sure no bright spots.
Those muckeruppers can get you down. Meet you in the treehouse. I'll bring the Hoagies and you bring the wine  ;)  :funny:   

Fixed the red hands and brought down a bright spot. Thanks for the good eyes and all the tips!

Lynnya

You got it girlfren..... :up: :up: