• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Please have a look at this one....

Started by GP, May 08, 2008, 02:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

Beautiful Gerlinde. :up: To think these really old photos could be lost forever.
Our family has about 50 large portraits done in the early 1900's. I will be photographing them for future generations.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Tassie, we are just cleaning out my late mother-in-law's house and found a tone of very old photographs in the garage! Fortunately they are still in a good condition. I don't know what it is about those old photos, they are just very different from what we see today. They give me somehow the impression, people went through allot of trouble to get their picture taken, it took probably a lot of preparation.

And thank you all for your comments on my restoration, you are the best!  :loveit:

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

cmpentecost

I like the old portraits because everyone is dressed in their Sunday best, and they are all so serious in the photo!

As an FYI Gerlinde, I'm in the process of sending photos to printing today, and this one is one of them!  I don't normally turn photos around this quick for printing, but it was a straggler from an old order that hadn't been restored, so this one will probably be sent home next week!

Christine

GP

Christine, that's great to hear! It's making all the struggle worthwhile>

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

cmpentecost

I just hit the send button!  I should be receiving 59 prints on Monday or Tues. of next week.  I already mailed of 125 photos on Tuesday, and probably about 100 photos last week!  A lot of people in the Gulf Coast are getting some nice gifts in the mail!

Christine

klassylady25

Mpix really is fast!  I used them for an order and it was here before it said it would be.  AND they had the sizes I needed, with the paper that I prefer.  Thanks for the recommendation Chris.