• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Glenna's Toughest Yet!

Started by glennab, June 26, 2007, 11:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Hi Glenna,

I think you have got this one pretty close to the money, I agree with Tassie about the hair being wavy, as you had it in the earlier version - just the hint not overdone, as for the rest of the image I subjected it to the opacity test and it seems as close to the original as you can hope to get, the effect of the damage tends to give some of these faces a real ethereal quality that you can't recapture when you find the normal person underneath, and you drive yourself mad looking for a quality in the image that didn't really exist.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Hi Tess

Thanks for taking a look at my restoration.  It's very difficult to determine what her hair actually looks like.  All that can be seen is blobs of color -- most of the shape is damage.  I'm hoping that feedback like yours will help me get a handle on the areas with which I'm battling.  I'm happy to have you play with the image, because you may spot something I missed. Actually, I do that constantly with others' restoration in hopes that I can help. I think we all make a great team!

Max, I appreciate your expertise as well. I'll have to take another look at the hair.  I had it rather closely curled, as in the last post, but then that looked rather contrived.  I'll go back and take another look at the first iteration.  Maybe it IS closer to what's actually there.  The areas between the worst of the gunk look almost "nappy," as in VERY closely curled, which is where I was headed originally.

Must be getting tired.  I'll study her more tomorrow, if I don't work too late.

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

LSC

GLenna - you do such great work. The only observation I can make is that 1) our lady (who looks like she is behind a chiffon curtain because of the type of damage it is!!) is kneeling with one knee on a chaise. But really, who cares?  and 2) I don't think her right eye drooped. I think the left eye is lower than you have it and both are at an angle, as you surrmised.

I haven't figured out how to get your image to me to draw on it--- Lee

glennab

Hi Lee

Can you clarify what you mean about the eyes?  Maybe you can draw it in for me.

I'm able to download images from the forum by right clicking on them.  I get a menu that includes "save as", and I can save it to my desktop.  I'm on a Mac, but I'd assume PCs work the same way (I don't remember your ever mentioning what platform you use).  To be honest, I was so happy to have gotten the eyes to look like eyes that I wasn't aware of a discrepancy in position.  Definitely goes on my list of last things to check.  I don't feel that I have her face as close to the original as I'd like, but there's so little there with which to work that the more I "tweak" the worse she looks. Unacceptable!

Which is why I need your eyes to get me over that threshold.  I so love this lady, and I want her to go home looking as much like herself as possible.  Thanks for checking her out, and I hope you can download the image so I can get an idea of what to do with her eyes.

Post at ya' later!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

LSC

GLenna... I had mistakenly looked at an earlier version of your work.. the one on page 2 is brilliant.I thinjk the position of the eyes is fine, although  I do think that her eyes are looking left  (camera-right).. I use a Mac by the way. -- Lee