• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I could use some help.

Started by dyocum555, February 12, 2013, 05:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

Starting over might seem frustrating, but I also find it extremely gratifying. I go back and study the original and look at all 10 possible Channels (RGB, CMYK, Lab) to find all the detail available, make copies of those channels and make them into new layers so I can refer to them later. (Then I immediately return the file to RGB.)

When I get tired or frustrated, I find myself making big moves like filling backgrounds or Patching large areas. And I always end up trashing that work because it just doesn't look right.

When I'm more rested, I go back to the best restoration trick of all: enlarging the image and fixing each tiny spot one at a time. Just like restoring a painting. Make each tiny spot the color it should be to blend perfectly. It sounds tedious, but once you get into the Zen of it you'll find it goes fast. Stop from time to time and make the image smaller and click back and forth between your working layer and the original and you'll see it come back to life. As if the damage has just been wiped away.

Follow Kiska's advice. She knows her stuff and she's taught us all a lot on Forum.

Bambi