• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Little tougher job

Started by Oldfaded, June 19, 2011, 06:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfaded

I was able to finish that last one this morning. I have already uploaded it, but didnt know if you had seen that or not.
I hope that it is good enough. :)
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

Oldfaded

This one was fun. Let me hear what you think.  YES I did leave some writing by the doorbell. BUT I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be there, as to me it looked like it said to knock...as if the doorbell were broke.
ORIGINAL

RESTORED
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Jonas.Wendorf

Hi Kate,

great job once again :-)!
If you ever care to write down your workflow on images like this one, I and probably lots of others would be most thankful :-)!
However there are two or three minor problems that still need correcting.

First you've removed the shadow on her hand. This looks unnatural because the image was shot with an on camera flash and so you can see the shadows all around her and just the one on her hand is missing.

Next the flowers you added into the picture on the background are too bright and oversaturated.

And third I'm not sure if the rubber band on the doorbell really was damage or rather a part of the image.
I tend to believe the former as it seems to bulge over the shape of the doorbell and matches the lighting, but I'm not entirely sure on this one.
Best regards,
Jonas

Oldfaded

quick reply and i have to go for a few hours. but I will be back to correct these things.
Yes, I didn't like the flowers at all. so that I was glad to hear.
I don't see a hand, I believe its her arm above her elbow and the rest of it is behind the door frame, but it is in need of a shadow, it looks unnatural as you said.
AND the door bell, ya know on second look, Im wondering if its not a piece of tape she put there herself as the written words beside it seem to say to knock as its broken.
-----------------

-------------
Great I shall be back in a few hours and correct that.
I don't understand how to manage a workflow. Not sure of what to do with that.
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Jonas.Wendorf

Yes, I meant her arm, my brain just added in the missing hand somehow ;D

I just thought that it might be great if you'd lay down how you got to the results you ended up with, e.g. by using the clone stamp, flipping one piece, painting in another piece etc.
This is something I personally always enjoy and find helpful, though it's not a must of course :-)!
Best regards,
Jonas

Tori803

Nice job so far! The writing by the doorbell looks like a note that was on the house, so I'd leave it in. Looks like a little more cleanup on the door and the door jam and you're there.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Oldfaded

:funny: ok, I went back and forth looking for a hand and felt fairly sure it was only an arm...lol
--------
So I toned down the painting, thank you, that was bugging the yadda out of me...lol
shadowed the arm [NOT hand] a bit.
I put back the right door case along with the red tape I believe she had put there due to the bell not working.
Let me know if you want me to upload this or work on it some more. :)
--------

-------
Ah yes, the dreaded workflow. I recognized that bad word. I unfortunately have no idea of how I do what I do.
that is why I say I use magic. If I had to stop and write down all of my steps Id not be able to do what I do, as I have tried.
I try this and that until I get the look I am wanting to see.
I clone, I layer, I mask, I steal an eye or two from internet photos. I recycle what I can from the photo I am working on, I twist it, mirror it. I do so darn much that I rarely remember what happened.
I turn on Itunes to Irish radio and before I know it ..... its done.  must be the help from a Leprechaun.... hehe.
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Oldfaded

I felt that is was a note, I also in a closer look found that the red I took out was actually red tape SHE much have put there.
finis:
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Jonas.Wendorf

A magician. How wonderful ;)

I'd say the bright areas of the flowers are still a little too bright (they look like they were standing out of the frame), but otherwise it looks perfect :-)!
Best regards,
Jonas

Oldfaded

:up2: Yes, I already fixed that after I closed out of the forum last night.
I also felt her glasses were too red, so I toned those down as well.
----------
I know its no its no help to not be able to explain how I do what I do. and as Ive said, I have tried to write down what I do, but I go back and forth so many times, that I loose track.
I have found by trying things that in 'the book' arent what most would choose to do, work well in some cases, not all.
I feel its an artistry. Think outside the box, look at what you need and find it.
Like her shirt. I used patterns in her shirt to repair what was damaged, if you were to look closely you would see that some of her shirt is a bit different, but its a shirt, not like it changing her face, or cloning JLo's body on....lol
-----------
Im heading over to upload the finis pic, let me know if there is any more you see that I need do. :)
guess thats all for your gallery, off to the next!!
Your great to work with Jonas!
thanks for all your help.  :hug:
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Jonas.Wendorf

Sounds great and if it works for you, why not :-)?

I'm looking forward to the finished version!

I bet you'll have fun in the other galleries as well, don't forget to come back from time to time to see if there's new images in the galleries ;-)!
Best regards,
Jonas

Oldfaded

Seems to work for me. As long as the photo is fixed right? :)
I just uploaded for you.
I have another to do from Tess's gallery I got this morning. :)
This is such a great thing, I can help others and keep skills honed as well. :)
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Hannie

Kate you have done an amazing job on this restore, the repairs on the shirt are great, you would make any shirtmaker's eyes turn green! 

There is one little thing that jumped out at me and those are the lady's eyes.  They look lovely and real but seem to have black makeup that is not in the original.
Here is an image of the red channel of the original (left) and the end result (right)
Perhaps you can soften the look some?

Hannie

PS
I have merged this topic with the older topic of the same restore.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Oldfaded

Yes Hannie, I have been noticing that issue, and little by little trying to subdue that.
Heres the final photo, does that look any better to you?
I have 'oversee' issues, so even tho I may see the same problems, Im never quite sure if Im over seeing...lol if you get my drift,  ::)
---------
finis -
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Oldfaded

Ok guess not. I will work on the eyes some more .. :)
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5