• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Olsen

Started by Candice, December 08, 2008, 04:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

I'm happy to report that Donna the owner of the Sheltie, called me this evening. Her beautiful dog that went by the nickname of Buck is the same dog in both pictures. The dog is not a service dog or wearing a vest. The photo was not taken at the same time as the other, but instead outside on a hill with a light colored brick or stone house in the background. When I told Donna that the background is now black, she thought that was cool. She lost this dog some 10 years ago and this photo meant the world to her.

Donna wanted us to know how much this phone call meant to her! It not only made her day, but her week! It also made mine!  :loveit:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

You're doing a beautiful job on this photo Betty. I experimented with a stucco wall behind the dog.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Thank you for the information, now, what direction do you want me to take on the background.  I can find a wall or keep the black.  Confirmation that there was grass and I wasn't nuts on that was great. 

Does my heart good to know progress is being made and the owner is happy. 

Ah, decisions, decisions.  :wow: I have a very nice stone wall in place.  I'll post in a few minutes and then if you spot anything else let me know. 

Tanx, Betty
Candice

Johnboy

Betty,

I personally like the light backgrounds. It seems to show the dog more.

Johnboy

Candice

Well then Johnboy, let's see what you think of this one and anyone else can jump on in.

Betty
Candice

glennab

Betty, I love the wall, and the pup looks wonderful.  I'd never have guessed that this one could be so beautifully restored.  Great job!

One question.  What is the rather fluffy white area at the very bottom of the photo?  I find it distracting, and if it doesn't seem to be important to the photo, I think I'd make it an extension of the grass.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Betty, I think this looks great! I wonder if you could (for the fun of it  >:D) blur one version to give the idea of depth. What I mean is that if this is on the hill, the wall of the house should maybe blurred some. Keep both versions and then compare. Great job on a photo that no one wanted to take!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Let's tackle Glenna first: they were rocks in the original.
And Tassie, you gave me the idea for the wall.
Now on to Miss Margie:  I'll give it a shot.   ;)
Candice

Candice

All suggestions accounted for.  How does he look?   :D

Candice

GP

Hi lagirl,

great job restoring this messed up photo! :up:
I like the current look of it, but I have one little thing that still bothers me. The dogs right paw (the brown one) looks a little small, maybe you could fluff it up a little or blend it a bit more into the grass.

Gerlinde  :)
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Johnboy

Betty,

I like the latest with all the added suggestions. Good color choice for the wall. I think it shows the dog well.

Johnboy

Candice

GP good catch.  I'll do that with the fur.  Johnboy, I tried to take the coloration of the dog and blend the two.  The was was more gray in color.  I also used Margie's suggestion of blurring the background to give depth.  Never tried that before and I liked the results. 

I'll post when I have an upgraded version.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Betty
Candice

lurch

I am SO impressed! :up:

<C>
<C>

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Woof, woof!  :up: :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes