• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Child on the hay

Started by Johnboy, January 17, 2012, 05:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnboy

OK eagle eyes it is your turn to check this one out. It seemed to be mostly spots. But a word about the background. I took out the obvious white and black spots. Yet there are places left that may look like damage but I think they are knots in the lumber or other marks left by use. There is a scratch that looks like it covers the child but on further examination it goes behind the head. There are other scratches and marks that I left thinking it is probably a barn. There is a line near the top which I think is an electric line.

I used Glenna's color correction tut to color correct. Then added some saturation as it looked washed out. The saturation currently sets at -63.

Let me know what you think.

Original

WIP

Johnboy

Pat

Hi JohnBoy,

I think your right about the electric line.

I'm probably just getting buggy eyed from looking at this at 300% but I've convinced myself that the "scratch" that you're thinking goes behind the child's head actually continues from the right side of the photo across the face until the far side of the eye on your right and then starts up again on the far side of eye on your left.  If that makes any sense  :D

Pat 
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Johnboy,

There are two lines with the top one looking like an electrical line and the one by the boy's head I have no idea. Personally I would take that bottom line out as it is distracting. I don't think the family will miss it.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Nice restore Johnboy, I think eagle eye Pat is right about that scratch!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Johnboy

Thanks Pat, Margie, and Hannie for your replies.

I removed the scratch and I think the child is ready to go home.

Johnboy

Johnboy

Before leaving the forum I was looking around and it appears David and I have done the same photo. His post is under Hirshey baby in the Easy category. I picked the photo from Jonas gallery. So do I assume the one David did is the one for the family?

Johnboy

Hannie

Hi Johnboy,

They are not the same photos but taken at the same session!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Johnboy

Thanks Hannie,

I didn't really study the two photos but they looked the same. Thanks for clearing it up.

Johnboy