• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

We're in the Army again!

Started by glennab, December 08, 2006, 12:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

Hi Glenna,

I hope today went better for you.  There are a lot of crazies out there.  I had my own threat many years ago, by a claimant.  I was a work comp adjuster, and a claimant told his psychiatrist he planned to kill me, and went into detail with him about how he was going to do it.  Fortunately for me, he was quickly admitted to the psych ward, and all turned out fine.  However, it was quite unnerving knowing someone wanted to "do me in".  You'll have to keep us posted on how this all turns out.  I hope you are able to relax and enjoy working on your pictures in the meantime.

Chris

glennab

Hi Max

Thanks so much for your concern.  It was a quiet day today, tho everyone was a bit on edge.  I try not to waste time worrying.  I lived alone for many years and learned to be vigilant and act confident.  And yes, the police here are the way you describe them over there.  I was stalked once, and was told there was nothing they could do unless the guy actually did something to me.  A real comfort!

My husband has offered to let me borrow one of his guns, but I'm not licensed to carry, and I'd probably just shoot myself in the foot!
He was a sniper in the Marines, and he said he'd stand guard at the office door, but I reminded him that he has to work, too.  He's a great bodyguard, but he works on the other side of the bay from me.  I would, however, hate to be in the shoes of anyone who harmed me.  I got a dissertation this morning on what he'd do to this wacko if I were hurt.

So sorry to hear about your neighbor.  Sounds as if he's in for some rough times.  But it sounds as if the rest of you are safe, if he's been catting around.  I suspect he's dealing with a personal issue.

Yep, there are nut cases everywhere.  I trust that my guardian angel will watch over me -- and hopefully those around me and the people I care about (that includes YOU and the rest of my OPR pals!).

Hey Chris -- you were posting while I was.  I can't imagine how it would feel to be threatened the way you were.  That's personal and very frightening!  There are so many people on the loose who should be cared for in a psych hospital, but no one with authority seems to care.  Many years ago a local family tried over and over to have their son committed, because they were concerned that he'd harm himself or someone else.  Nothing was done, and he set fire to a checkout line in a grocery store in Tampa, causing quite a few casualties. It was heartbreaking!

And life goes on!  Time to get to the restoration.  I'll trust that we'll all be safe!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

glennab

Hi!

I've been slacking on my posting but have actually been working on my restoration.  I think all I have left are the ribbons & medal, which I'm having problems with because my scanner is being recalcitrant.  I'm running Norton on the G3 now to see if I can get it working.  If not, I'll do the scans at work so I can send these folks home.  I'd appreciate any last comments, critiques, etc. before I do return it to admin.  I've let go of some of the details that I just didn't feel were critical to the photo, but overall I'm happy with it.  Please let me know what you think.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hi Glenna,

My only comment is on his pants legs.  I think the color differential is too great.  Perhaps go into your color picker on the original, and look at the numbers for his left and right pants legs, and then try to match that color in PS.  Make a new layer, change the blend mode to color, and then paint over.  Not sure it will work, but my thoughts at the moment.   Otherwise, you've done a fantastic job on this.  I know it's been a challenge.

Chris

cmpentecost

p.s.  I still think he needs that slight touch of gray in his sideburns also.

Chris

glennab

Hi volunteers

Unless you have any further suggestions, I'm sending these folks home.  Chris, I did recolor his trousers and grayed the sideburns.  I recreated the ribbons as best I could, and I know they're small and barely discernable, but I feel better knowing that I did everything I could (with a lot of help from my friends, especially Kenny -- thank you so much!) to get them accurate. Please, if you see anything else that needs to be tweaked, let me know.

Have fun on New Year's Eve and BE SAFE!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Glenna,

I think this looks fantastic, and the owners will be proud to have it back.  I know this one was a lot of work, but obviously, worthwhile.

Christine

Ausimax

Nice one, Glenna. :up:  Though I think you are going to be lonely now, you have had this couple in your life for so long it will be like an old friend moving away. :'(

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Happy New Year Max & Chris

Thanks for the kind words on the restoration.  And Max, you're right, this couple feels like part of my family now.  I WILL miss them!  But it's so great to have completed the job and feel pretty good about the results.  I put heart and soul into getting this one to where it is.  And I couldn't have done it without you two, Kenny and the rest of the great OPR troops who contributed their comments and suggestions.  I treasure all of you.  Thanks so much!

I now have one more left - a companion to an earlier restoration I did - and then if we don't get hit right away with more, I've got to get my office rearranged AGAIN!  This one just doesn't work for the cats, and we all know who's in charge!  Aaron Neville has nowhere to sit except directly in front of my monitor.  Scooter is very content with his platform beside my keyboard, but the rest want it too, so there is constant discontent among the fuzz butts.  Unacceptable!   (They've told me so).

Hugz!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)