• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

To retouch or NOT!

Started by kiska, July 03, 2007, 09:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

The area on the dress on her right looks 'drawn in' by the original retoucher (as do her hands). The other sections of the dress look more 'normal'. Do I try to make it look more like folds or leave the original manipulated creases?

http://upload.pbase.com/image/81593992

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ausimax

If it is not recent damage I would probably leave it as it is, they will be used to it looking that way and any changes may seem strange.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

kstruve

I think that area on the left of the photo (to the woman's right) is a Victorian style chair that she's resting her arm on.  I couldn't find a really good example to match what's in your photo, but this one shows the kind of upholstery it is:

Kurt

kiska

Aha! Good one. A strong possibility. Thanks.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Dave

Wow! A Kurt Struve sighting! Long time no see.
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

kstruve

Yeah, I'm kind of like Bigfoot, a UFO, or the Loch Ness Monster sometimes.

glennab

Kurt -- I think Sassy-squatch might apply!  It's so good to have your eagle eyes and honest assessments back on the forum!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Glenna,  we're in trouble now, but it is good to see Kurt back.... but shhhhhhhh don't tell him I said so!   ;)