• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Fun with friends

Started by Lynnya, February 10, 2017, 08:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all good morning!  Just starting on this one.. took a leaf out of Shadow's book and brought up the whites... did a levels adjustment first red green and blue.. then I did a curves finding neutral gray which was fine but the whites were dull so I did another curves on the whites bringing red green and blue to 242 (Taz Talley's numbers for whites) then I reduced the yellow with a hue/sat adjustment.. what do we think of the color.. are the whites too much?? shouldn't be at 242... comments appreciated..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Happy Friday Lynn. Looks like a fun one. On my screen, the whites are a bit high. Selected the area inside the damage and then added a Curves layer. Held down Alt key and drug in the highlights to see which white points to try. Used the Miller sign and the man on the left's shirt to check. It's a small tweak - might make you happier. As for the 242, I find Taz's 244/126/15 ratio works most of the time. Good luck!

Lynnya

Hey girl.. thanks for those good eyes... yes.. the white looked a bit high to me too... always experimenting.. sometimes things are best left alone  :crazy: will go back and do as you suggest and repost.. thanks sweetie.. :hug:

Hannie

Hi girls,

I wonder if some cropping would be allowed bu your distributor?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Aww Hannie.... takes all the fun outa it ;D

hows this for color... took a white point on the miller sign 243 rgb - did a hue/sat taking the yellows down a bit.. what do you think...looking at it and at the histograms I think I have a blue cast now... I think I'll go back and start again :cool:

Shadow

Just checking in ... how's it going?
:funny:

Lynnya

Jeez... I thought that was Hannie for a minute...   

It's going.....I think.....

Shadow

;D   Too funny Lynn. It seemed like you might be getting a bit frustrated so we thought a grin was in order. Hannie's avatar makes me smile every time I look at it so thought that might do the trick. The expression on yours is priceless. Good luck with your challenge!

Lynnya

well.. here's my near final.. need eyes please..So... hubby comes in and thinks that I should get rid of the blurred guy on my right and smooth out the grass some.. I think I agree.. I'll do that and compare.. him says blurred man is distracting (he's annoyingly right of course   :P)

Here's with blurred guy gone...

Shadow

Hey Girl, Wow! Amazing how far you've come with this one!  :wow:  Agree with that nice hubby of yours. If they give the OK, ditch the blurred guy!  On the one without that guy, check out the lady sitting in the bkgd ... maybe even out the strip where the color changed? The feet area is off to me ... would bringing the shadows up to their shoes anchor them better? The kitchen is calling .... back later  ^-^

Maybe something like this ... real rough ... brought the shadows forward and did a little D&B. Did that jump thing you taught me and moved some of the ground from the right corner over to the left corner to blend it in a bit more. What would you think about moving some of the crowd from the far left over to the far right where you put the truck cab?
Look forward to your final!

Hannie

Really like how you built up the background!   :wnw:

Wonder if the feet were turned out a little at the bottom?

I think the lamas are very, very handsome but their beauty bleakens when you look at mine...

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks shadow and Hannie for great comments.. love it when it's a team effort.. never fails to improve :up: will work on all of the above today and see how it pans...this was a fun one..
How's this... now I have to go take a shower and get outa my p.j's.........p.s. Hannie what tool did you use to turn out the feet??

Shadow

You nailed it Lynn ... that Hannie! ... have to remember that about the feet. How did you turn the feet out?
Beautiful restore!  :up: :up:

Lynnya

Funny you should ask... I asked Hannie the same thing.. first I tired puppet warp.. wasn't too great I tweaked again with liquify.. that wasn't quite right either so I tried transform .. lastly, (as by now the lady's right foot to me was mangled) I took her other foot and jumped it, transform flip horizontal and plopped it on top of the mangled foot.. better. then I cloned all the mess around it that I'd caused.. shudda done all this in the first place when I first placed the feet.. (learning curve  ::) )

Thanks for your help and positive feedback.

Hannie

Girls, I also used Liquify and cloned a little around it.  Lynn, I like your feet better!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]