• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Your favourite meal

Started by Tess (Tassie D), August 26, 2008, 10:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

I'm interested in what everyone considers their absolute favourite meal. Recipes will be gratefully snagged and tested.  ;D
Mine would be atlantic salmon fillets, lightly floured and seasoned then pan fried in a little butter. Served with fresh potato salad and sliced french stick bread.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Tess, now you are making me really hungry. It's hard to limit it to one, but Mexican food is probably my favorite, with fajitas, chips, salsa, and a margarita sounding pretty good.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Tess, I've never made it, but my favorite food is sushi preceded by a huge bowl of seeweed salad.  Speaking of which... it's been a while.  I'm salivating!  Time for a trip to Edo.

My favorite to make is what we call "homely peasant food."  2 tubes of Jimmy Dean maple flavored sausage crumbled, cooked and drained, then sauteed with lotsa onions and green peppers cut into large pieces.  Meanwhile, cook 5 pounds of russet potatoes, cut into cubes and drain.  Mix the whole mess together, add a little salt and pepper, and it's great for any meal.  Fantastic with eggs or just plain.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

If you would ask me what isn't my favorite meal it would be much easier for me to answer!
I love Mexican, Lebanese (falafel, humous bi tahine, tabbouleh), Turkish, Indonesian, Thai, Indian, Comfort food (like Glenna's peasant meal), I even like Burger King once in a while!
For dessert my favorite is Pavlova but I haven't had one of those for over 28 years!  Some nice homebaked cookies, Lemon meringue pie, cheese cake and vruchtenvlaai.

Infact, I think I'll make Glenna's recipe tomorrow, sounds yummy!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

hoodman3

Our latest favorite is salmon with French green lentils. The vinegar in it is amazing! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/salmon-with-lentils-recipe/index.html
Also a good burger cooked cooked rare with bacon, swiss cheese and the house cote du rhone.
I usually have beaujolais with the salmon.

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Tess (Tassie D)

Oh yum people. Guess what I'll be trying for dinner each night. Unfortunately I can't eat spicy food so there goes the indian, mexican etc.
Glenna your peasant meal sounds great. Have copied it for dinner on the weekend. Its a similar meal to one I do once a week.
Blade steak, cubed and browned with salt/cracked pepper
1 can chopped low salt tomatos.
1 large can Minestroni soup & 1/2 can water.
Add tomatos and soup to the browned meat and simmer for 30-45 mins depending on the meat.
Serve on a bed of rice or with fresh bread.

Hannie my Mum does a pavlova every couple of weeks, one of my favourite desserts. Schen I have snagged that decadent chocolate cake and Pete I'll be trying that one next week when I buy some more salmon.

Keep them coming.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]