• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Work in progress - can this image be saved?

Started by Jo Ann Snover, October 01, 2013, 05:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

I did some work on a badly damaged photo and sent it to Bambi to ask if I was on the right track. She suggested that I post here as she thought this photo might be beyond saving.

The original (click thumbnail for full size)

Where I got to so far (click for full size)

I have a few placeholder items - just painting in skin colors roughly over some arms, for example - so pay no attention to that unfinished work. I've done some faces where there was something to go on. For some of the remaining faces, there's so little there that I can't figure out how I could make the person recognizable even if I make them look human :)

Any guidance on proceeding with this would be appreciated. I will be a gone for a few days from tomorrow afternoon as I'm going to London for my mother's funeral, so I'll check back here as I can while I'm away, but I won't be online as much as usual
Jo Ann

Mhayes

JoAnn,

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother and do not worry about this photo. I appreciate all that you have done so far and I have to agree with Bambi on it being beyond saving. It isn't that some of the boys couldn't be salvaged, but the fact that so much of the photo including three of boys are in really bad condition. I can see why this photo was accepted because of the yellow streaks which means that often times the blue channel will give more information. In this case it did not.

Kudos to you for trying, but let this one go back and and now is the time for you to concentrate on what lies ahead. Take your time and when you are ready come back and try another restore.

Take care of yourself.

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks for the kind words.

I'll be in touch with Bambi about this and pick up something else when I return.
Jo Ann