• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Saving Face

Started by Candice, August 06, 2013, 07:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

It's a start.  There is a lot of information missing. 

Shoes... missing.
Parts of face... missing.

I'll probably overlay the original over the restore to get more definitions but I thought I'd let you see where things stand.   Thoughts welcome.

Candice

Mhayes

Great start considering how bad this photo is in. I really think this is a non-restore, because the face is beyond bringing back. It's like looking at clouds and seeing figures, where one person's idea is different than the next person. To me the man looks older and there is really nothing to go on with the eyes and that is huge to have missing. I'm sorry because you have done a lot of good work on it, but what is lost is lost.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Margie, I agree with you.  He does look older however, I had to get some semblance of face put together.  That's where I think overlaying the original will help by bringing back in the shadows.  All one can do is try and I'm enjoying working on the man. 

I do think the pole that I saw in the original was from another picture that was stuck to this one. 

I'm going to keep on playing with it and will post when I think I've gone as far as I can.  Until than... thanks for using your eyes :wow:
Candice

Candice

Candice

seelcraft

I think leaving the eyes blurry is the best choice: those who don't recognize him won't care; those who knew him will see the missing details in their memories.

Doug
Chemists have solutions!

Candice

Thanks Seelcraft.  I'm hoping that the powers that be will see a way to save this man, do corrections on the shading on face and be able to send him back to his family.  I see where things need to be worked on but can't get a handle on it. 

Would love someone to give me hits on how to approach shading. 

Candice