• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Missing foot and background

Started by JFBethanis, June 28, 2013, 04:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JFBethanis

This image looks fairly straight forward until you get into the details.

Any suggestions on how to et his right foot to look natural. Tried several
variations but none work.

Also the lack of background detail.

How you you handle that?

Thanks for your help JIM

Mhayes

Hi Jim,

Did you forget to post your photo (and WIP), because otherwise none of us have a clue as to how to help you? Here is a link to how to post your photo: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html

As a newcomer a good place to start is the Forum Home>The New Volunteer Welcome Center.

Look forward to seeing your photo.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

JFBethanis

Photo link fixed by Admin.

Missing foot and very bad background - any help appreciated.
Tried several times to make a foot but it is not natural looking.

I could crop the bride and groom and enlarge it to the 8x10 -

Jim

Mhayes

Jim,

All of the wedding photos for this family are in really bad shape, so any improvement will be great but no way to bring back to what it looked like originally. As to the groom's foot, I would fill it the missing part which is mainly the arch and heel. You have the pants covering the rest. The background is more challenging and I can't tell if it is curtains or a mirror behind. Then there is the table with the cake, which I would keep, but there also look like a woman on the opposite side. On the far end you can see a man and a woman.

Never crop or change the dimensions on a photo without consulting with your distributor. For one it makes Quality Control really, really, crabby when you do that. However, there are exceptions and those would be if the original needs to be cropped and if we approve we will send a revised crop so that we have that original.. I'm thinking a 5 x 7 or the 8 x 10 as you mentioned. The only problem is that by enlarging the crop, it may make the damage even more noticeable.

Need some more feedback on this one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

JFBethanis

Thanks

I can use software to enlarge a 5 x 7 of the bride and groom to an suitable size
without loss of detail.

What do you  think Crop and resize (assuming I can keep the detail) and
provide a photo they can displayed or send a photo back with some detail which
can not be displayed??

Tough call but maybe you can check with client.

Jim

Mhayes

Jim,

I don't think you understand that if there is to be a crop, it needs to come from our end and not yours. The reason is that when all of the family's photos come back in restored they are sent to Quality Control. From there QC checks the restored with the original and by your cropping there would not be a true original to compare to. Plus, should this photo need to go back out in the gallery again, we need to have the original.

I know you are eager to get started, but let's wait till you get some more feedback and especially from your distributor.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

JFBethanis

Thanks
Will wait to see if anyone has a suggestion.

Jim

Mhayes

Hi Jim,

I have sent by regular email to you a cropped version of your photo. Work with it and do away with what  looks like a head opposite the wedding cake.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]