• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

another newbie

Started by Cheri, May 08, 2013, 02:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheri

I was so excited when I found out about OPR.  I have been learning to restore photos and I love seeing the history come back to life.  I know I have so much to learn and I'm excited to be able to learn from so many talented people. 

I do have a question. Is it okay to ask for help on others pictures we're working on that are not for OPR?  I don't want to break any rules and so I have found it's easier to ask first.

Thank for you letting me be a part of this outstanding group.

Oh yeah, I'm Washington, north of Seattle.

Tori803

I don't know how the others feel, but when it is slow (between copy runs) I wouldn't mind seeing the extra-curricular challenges other volunteers are working with and the suggestions posted to help them.

But I think when we have lots of photos in the galleries to be worked on, it's probably better to stay focused on helping each other get those done, since their owners are waiting on them.

I think you'll find that the techniques and advice covered on the Forum will end up helping you quite a bit with other projects too!
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Hi Cheri,

Thanks for asking permission on posting other photos not connected with OPR. I agree that with Tori that it is interesting to see work from others and the exchange of ideas. However, the OPR Forum is for OPR restoration and that is where the focus should remain. There are plenty of other great sites where you can post your personal photos for help. OPR is a federal registered 501 (c)(3) nonprofit whose sole purpose is to help restore photos for those hit by natural disasters and the donations that keep us running are directed for that purpose. Plus, all of OPR photos have the owner's permission for us to use on our website. I appreciate your asking, but hope you will understand why the answer is no on posting photos for help that are not OPR's.

Welcome to OPR and we hope to see more of you on the Forum.

Thanks,

Margie

P.S. When it is slow between runs, the distributors will be posting OPR non-restores for a fun learning experience.  >:D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mike S.

A warm welcome from Michigan Cheri,

I look forward to your posts about OPR Photos.  You can always pick ones that are similar in problems to your non OPR Photos.

Thank you,

Mike
Mike S.