• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Ohio

Started by MB, October 19, 2009, 07:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB

I am new and waiting to get my 1st 2 photos. 
MB

Johnboy

Welcome to OPR MB. As you see on the left I too am an Ohio resident. Don't be bashful, and share your  progress on your restores. Ask questions and there will be plenty of help from around the world.

All I am going to say is you may want to read the thread: Greetings from Iowa. It speaks for itself.

Johnboy

Mhayes

Hi MB, welcome from Kansas. Your 1st choice is now in your gallery and the forum is a great place to post if you have any problems.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Welcome from Amsterdam MB!
Hope you will enjoy your first OPR restore!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome from Australia MB. I love your avatar.  ;D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

MB

Thank you for the welcome!!...I am trying to learn how to navigate this site...I am having a bit of a hard time restoring one hand on my photo.  Is here a place that i can post my photo for suggestions?
MB

lurch

You can post it right here on the forum, MB! Lots of helpful folks here. Welcome, by the way.
<C>

Mhayes

MB, on the upper left hand side (must be signed in) of your screen you will see: photobucket, ImageShack, Picasa and PBase. These are great places to store your image and then post the link into your post. Here is a link that TassieD did showing how to get started: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

MB

Hi:
I am very confuse navigating within all these pages...I fixed my first photo and i think I loaded it up onto the site properly.  Notice I said I think, because i never got an email and i do not see it up yet.  So...i dont know if its loaded or not.    I just went to imageshack and created an account and I hope the link works.  

Margie,
did you get the photo back yet?  When can i get my next photo?

Please let me know how bad my restoration is.  thanks, mb
MB

MB

MB

MB

MB

MB

By mbphoto at 2009-10-22

I hope this is bigger, the hand holding the dog was difficult to fix and I am not happy with it.
MB

Johnboy

Hey MB you are now becoming a pro. Getting through some of this stuff can be confusing, and then it becomes like riding a bike. The truth be told I still have to hunt on the Photoshelter site for the location to upload. I guess I need to do more restores.

From what I can tell it looks like you did a good job. It would be helpful if the images were larger. You may notice in some of the threads that we will upload the original and then as a separate upload for the restore. Then as you work on it and post additional progress you only need to post the latest version. Also be sure to go into File>Get Info and delete the personal info on any posts. Keep that info in the final one you send home. An easy way to do this is File>Save for web for the image you post. The only reason I know this is someone else pointed it out and it works. You only get a 72dpi image but no personal info.

Johnboy

glennab

Hi MB

Welcome from Florida.

I just have a  couple of observations.  Beautiful job overall.  It appears to me that the woman's fingers holding the pup are a bit plumper and more bent than in your restoration.  That might explain why you're not quite happy with the hand.  I really like the way you kept the background.  There's just one small line to the far left a little bit above her shoe that needs to blend in (I'm going to post a copy, and I've circled the area).  And I'd try to reclaim the jeans texture on the left leg as we look at her.  I used the patch tool, and you can see that by sampling the other leg in small pieces it looks less smooth and more "jeansy".

I hope this helps.

Glad you're with us!

GK

My tweaks:

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

glennab

Sorry to hijack your thread for a moment, MB, but I just had to bring to JB's attention: 2500 posts!  Onward and upward!

anonymous
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)