• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Embedded heart..

Started by Patre, February 11, 2008, 09:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patre

Hi ..
I have made a levels adjustment on this image and cleaned up the right side( as we view it).
My concern is the ourtline of a heart that can be seen surrounding the image of the baby.
Do you think that outline is intentionally embedded in the original image?
Thanks,
Pat

kiska

Maybe some sort of vignette. I would remove it.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

schen

I am guessing that the photo was in a frame with a heart shaped opening.  How appropriate for Valentine's Day.   :loveit:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

DougB

The photo would look better without the heart, but if someone could use the Red heart to create an 'Out of Frame' photo!!!!!!!!

Doug.

cmpentecost

I agree with the above, and it would be best to remove the heart.  I think like Shujen said, it was in a heart shaped frame.  Now the fun part for you Patre will be to remove the damage on the stripes.  That's almost as bad as plaid!

Christine

mschonher

The heart was not in the background because it comes around to the front of the baby. It probably was in a frame with a heart shaped opening.
Chris...you just couldn't help yourself; you had to comment on the stripes! >:D

Mary

klassylady25

Nope, she couldn't help herself!  lol 

Patre

Thanks to all for replying. I will remove the heart, but leave the soul untouched..
Hopefully that includes the stripes.  :)

mschonher

Schen, I forgot to tell you what a great job you've done on this photo....Mary

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job Pat and on such a sweet subject. :up2:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Patre

Thanks for your suggestions and support. I adopted your suggestions and sent the restored image to Photoshelter.

Before restoration:

After restoration:

Ratz

Really beautiful job,Pat  :up:

cmpentecost

Nice job Pat!  You really brought the color out nicely.  I do still see a touch of damage on the boy's right wrist (our left) though.

Christine

Patre

Hi Chris..
It may be the difference in our monitors, but I don't see any significant damage on the baby's right
wrist. There is what looks like a very tiny wrist band surrounding that wrist. I saw it in the original image and decided to leave it there after interpreting it as some type of identity tag.
Without the family's input, it is difficult to make an accurate assumption about whether or not
the tag really exists. On the other hand, perhaps I am missing what you really intended me to see.

Here is what I am referring to:

With wrist band:

Wrist band removed:

I uploaded both versions to Photoshelter, so Jan has the option of choosing which one is the most accurate representation of the original image.

cmpentecost

Hi Pat, 

We were looking at the same thing.  I wondered also if it might have been a wristband of sorts.  Thanks!

Christine