• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Blue channel project

Started by Hannie, January 29, 2009, 05:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Mike, the thumbnail above will not give you the right image (what was I thinking!).  Just sent you the image by email.

Thanks,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

rlmichael

I got it Hannie, thanks. I'll see what I can do. My guess is you want me to try to color the B/W.
Richard(Mike)Michael

Hannie

Hi Mike,

I was planning to follow the tips in the links above.  It says there to restore the blue channel as if it were a black and white photo, clean it up, do levels adjustment and repair any damage.

Once all that is done we can start fixing the colored image and get the colors cleaned up and not worry much about detail.
We then have 2 images, one perfectly restored black and white image and one colored image that is only partly restored (colors only).

Now we can layer these 2 images into one and that should give a fairly good result but I'll get back to that when the 2 separate images are done!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

rlmichael

Hannie, it sounds like we have a plan. I give it a go.
Richard(Mike)Michael

rlmichael

Is their a book on this photo retouching?
Richard(Mike)Michael

Mhayes

Mike, there are lots of books out there. For learning about photo retouching, I like Katrin's Eismann's book Photoshop Restoration & Retouching. Also,  by the same author is Photoshop Masking & Compositing. With these books you can downloads the exercises to follow along with the book. Joining the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) will give you access to online tutorials as well as the their magazine Photoshop User Magazine. Check out your local bookstore or go online to check out all the many resources.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Mike,
  I also like the book 'Photoshop Artistry' by Barry Haynes. The 2007 edition is for CS2. It comes with a CD so you can do hands-on practice as you go through the book. I'd check the prices on Amazon.com before buying it anywhere else.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

rlmichael

Richard(Mike)Michael