• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mother Goose

Started by Lynnya, April 09, 2018, 12:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all.. just starting on this sweetie... color correction only so far..comments welcome..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

:funny:  Love her expression!!  Color is looking good Lynn.

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn... this is where I'm at.. eyes please  :cool:

Mshake

Excellent job!  Only thing I see is you added the wood frame on the left, I would just make it all black board heading off the side. :up:
Mike

Lynnya

Thanks Mike.. I did wonder about that...
is this better??

Mshake

Better and I think it's finished.  :up:
Mike

Shadow

Beautiful!  :up: :up:

Lynnya

Thanks..was waiting for detail girl before sending home 😁

jesterjeni

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks everyone... getting rid of those red stains on her face was the tricky part... she's a cutie for sure.. I'll send her home. :hug:

Shadow

How did you get rid of the red on her face Lynn?

Lynnya

Hi Lyn..I tried painting over it with a "color blend" layer.. nothing doing there.. I finally ended up taking the damaged area from the red channel and pasting it in place which gave a black and white patch over the red.  I used a hue/sat adjustment and used "colorize" to match the skin color best I could.. I then took the high cheek from the other side and flipped it and blended it over the damage side for a better skin tone look.
Now the eye... hmm... I ended up taking the eye from the other side and flipping it but used as little as possible of the outer eye.. just the white and pupil.  I put a catch light in the same place where the original catch light was for that eye as flipping it puts the catch light in the wrong place. I used a liquify filter to enlarge the eye just a bit to match the original. This new ps cc 2018 has a great facial /eye enhancement feature.
I took some skin from under her undamaged eye and placed it under the new eye. The eyebrow the same.  Brightened the white a bit and darkened the pupil a tad.  For the red damage on her left side looking at the screen I just painted over it with color blend mode and that seemed to work.  The rest was pretty easy.. selected good parts of the dress and ctrl J to a new layer several times for lots of fabric.. masked it all out and painted back just the damaged parts.  For the back ground on a new empty layer, I sampled the wall color and painted the walls with blend mode normal.  I added noise, blurred the noise a tad and pixalted/mosiac a tad for texture. For the carpet.. I found some free download carpet of a similar texture and color.. laid it over the old carpet with a soft light blend mode and masked out what was not needed... was pretty close to the original.  Well you did ask  :funny:

Shadow

Thank you Lynn! Really appreciate the steps. Was the PS 18 a deal breaker with the eye?

Lynnya

No Lyn... not at all, could have been done with regular liquefy or making the eye slightly bigger with transform in tiny increments..