• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello

Started by ScottKCooper, June 21, 2011, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottKCooper

Signed up and waiting my first assignment.  I do photography, and found this group through a forum.  I have some experience in photoshop, and am excited to both help and learn.

Tori803

Welcome Scott! I'm sure you'll enjoy working with this zany group of volunteers! Don't forget that the Forum is a great place to get help with your restorations. If you can't find what you need in the existing tutorials, post your question on the Forum and someone is sure to have an idea. Looking forward to your future posts.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

Scott, welcome aboard!  We are so glad you've decided to join us.
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Scott, welcome to OPR and we happy you have joined. I think you will find this a fun place to be and it will also be useful with your photography.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Scott and a warm welcome to the forum!
Thanks so much for joining our team, good luck with your first OPR restore.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

ScottKCooper

Thank you everyone!  I got Java Runtime Environment installed last night, and successfully downloaded my first photo to work on this morning!  I struggled with the initial process - now that I've done it, it is not difficult - just a bit confusing.  Here are a couple of notes from my initial struggles:

1. use www.opr.photoshelter.com - not www.photoshelter.com.  That will save much time trying to find the right screens.
2. comment the image in the gallery itself - don't worry about your lightbox yet.  if you put it in the lightbox, then comment it, nobody will know about it, and you'll wonder why you never get an email inviting you to download an image, and why everything you request goes to someone else without getting a chance!
3. your email is associated with photoshelter, and your username with operationphotorescue - makes sense: you don't use your email posted to the world as your username...
4. if you get to the point of clicking the download button on the image and  nothing happens - check for a javascript error (the yield/attention sign at the bottom left of the IE browser). you either need to change your internet options on java runtime, or install it.

there you have it.

Hopefully my pixel-pushing skills exceed my above instruction comprehension deficiency.

Tori803

Thanks, Scott, for your input!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

Scott, that was really helpful information.
Thanks so much for taking the time to post this, I'm sure it will help a lot of newbies finding their way around Photoshelter!

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]