• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Especially for Kurt

Started by glennab, March 13, 2007, 02:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Kurt

In another thread Christine mentioned that the reason we've been missing you on the forum is that you're in the midst of your wedding plans and other wonderful things.  I just wanted to congratulate you and wish you much happiness and luck in whatever you do.  Having a partner for life is the absolute best!  Respect her, cherish her and have a friendship that'll take you into your older years still happy.  Okay, the old gal is through with advice.  Enjoy every minute, and I'll look forward to seeing you back on the forum.

Hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kstruve

Thanks Glenna!  Thanks also to Angela and Christine for checking in on me recently.  It's nice how OPR is a community that cares about each other enough to notice when someone is absent.

I am very thankful to have such a wonderful lady in my life.  Felicia is my best friend, closest companion, biggest fan and my soulmate.  I'm so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with her. :loveit:  So, yes I've been a little busy lately with the wedding plans and other projects.  I have more projects than time, it seems.  Yet I always enjoy taking on more!  For one of my projects, I'm doing a wood figurine carving which will be our wedding cake topper and then also serve as a nice art piece afterwards.  I'll have to post a picture of it when it's done.

Thanks guys!

Kurt

Ausimax

Nice to have you back Kurt, when Christine posted I was just about to organise a search party. ;D

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and best  wishes to you and your lady, pleased to hear you are busy "carving" out a future. :)

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ziaphra

Wonderful news and congrats! :)

glennab

Hi Kurt

Gotta see a photo of the cake topper.  Please share one with us.  Creative, meaningful objects like that are so incredibly special and will be even more so as you share your life together. When exactly is the wedding, and where?

I'd say Felicia is a pretty lucky lady. I SEE GOOD THINGS IN THE FUTURE!  And I AM a psycho --- oops, I mean psychic!

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kstruve

Thanks for all the nice words and well-wishes, guys!  Get this: Even more cool than this silly little carving I'm doing, Felicia is making a queen-sized wedding quilt!  We designed it together but she's doing all the work since I can't sew a stitch to save my life.  She has the quilt top all pieced together.  It's really beautiful.  Now she's doing some applique on it, with each square symbolizing either some event during our courtship, or our future dreams.  I'll have to post a picture of that too when it's closer to being done.

Kurt

glennab

Hi Kurt

Talk about a couple of creatives run amok!  I adore quilts, so yes, please post a photo.  Well, heck, let's just have a Kurt and Felicia thread and you can post wedding photos,  shots of your designs, etc.  I have to tell you that I'm very excited for you both.  Takes me back to the early days with my beloved, who's been my best friend and soul mate for 30 years!  May you have the same longevity!

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kstruve

Howdy,

I mentioned earlier on this thread about the figurine I was carving for our wedding cake topper.  I also said I would post photos of it when I finally finished it.  Well here it is.  It's about 7 inches tall and I carved it out of walnut and then finished it with tung oil to bring out the color and grain and then applied a polyurethane top coat to it.  It was supposed to be a "satin" finish, but it turned out fairly glossy.  Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I had seen something similar to this online when we were looking for wedding cake toppers, but it just was made out of plain white porcelain and I really wanted to make something myself out of wood.

The other side:

Thanks for looking!

P.S.  I'm coming into the final stretch of wedding planning stuff before our big day on the 19th.  Then we go on our honeymoon for two weeks.  After that, I'm hoping to get back into the fray here at OPR.  I'm really missing it!  Oh, and I'll try to take a photo of the quilt that Felicia's working on and post that here too.

Kurt

cmpentecost

OMG Kurt...it's beautiful!!  Very impressive.  Wow...what a neat and memorable wedding cake topper!

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials, and we'll look forward to seeing you back in the forums after your honeymoon!

Chris

glennab

Hi Kurt

Your carving is absolutely stunning! What a beautiful way to memorialize your special day.  I can't wait to see Felicia's quilt.  And wedding photos!  The big event is going to be here before you know it.  I hope it's a wonderful wedding and you have many fond memories to help keep your marriage warm through the years!  Very best wishes to you and your beloved!

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Hi Kurt, your cake topper is a real work of art!!! How talented you are.

Best wishes to you and Felicia for your big day :hug: and make sure we all get to see a photo of the cake with the topper in place

regards Vicki

Ausimax

Thats a really nice carving Kurt, I too look forward to more photos of the great occasion. :wnw:

Don't be fooled people that carving is no more difficult than a Elephant. How do you carve an Elephant? Take a piece of wood and cut away everything that does not look like an Elephant. :funny:

Nice job, wish I had your skill and patience.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

RosyBijou

Hi Kurt,
Wow!  Your talent seems to have no boundaries!  The carving is just lovely.

I'd like to ditto everyone's congratulations & best wishes to you and Felicia.  There is something about weddings that takes us married folks back to our own--I'm only going on 17 years with my sweetheart, but what a ride it's been-- (all good--just lots of unexpected twists & turns along the way!)  The time really does fly...

All my best,
Kerry
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

kstruve

Well, I'm back!  I've actually been back for well over a month, but I just haven't been active here on OPR.  The wedding and honeymoon were great!  As promised, here are a couple pictures.

Felicia and I at the ceremony:

I'm the one wearing black, not white.

Our cake - With my carved topper and Felicia's handmade quilt as the background:

I hope to be back in action here on the forum as much as I can.  Good to be back!

Kurt

Ratz

welcome back Kurt!!! we've missed you.
your cake looks beautiful and Felicias quilt is such a lovely keepsake of the day.
All the best to the both of you.
Vicki  :loveit:
PS you scrub up really well,