• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Robert's Workshop: Updated, July 19/06

Started by pcraft, June 23, 2006, 06:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

glennab

Hi Robert

The young woman looks wonderful, but I do have a question.  Is the white on her sleves in the original possibly a lace cover of some sort?  What makes me think so is that there's a pattern in the white, and both sleeves appear to have white "cuffs," so it doesn't look as random as damage would. Something to think about.

Also in your group photo, I think the woman standing at the far right has dark hair, not gray.  And the younger man next to her could probably use a little more work.  His face looks rather contrived, and to me his smile looks different in the original.

Enough picking.  The rest is a fine clean-up on a tough restoration.

Have a great week!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Robert,

I tend to think she may be wearing a blouse with sleeves longer than those of the tunic, you can see folds in the white material under her right arm and a touch of brown above that could be the end of the tunic sleeve.

It's hard to tell, and you have the hi-res file so I will leave it to you to decide.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

kstruve

Robert,

I too cast my vote on the side of the white portions of her blouse being actually there and not damage.  I think the only damage in this (apart from age) is the obvious crayon marks.  Remove those and leave everything else and she'll be good to go!

Looking good!

Kurt

pcraft

Thank you all for your crits...   :)  I'm trying to determin where the white of the blouse should be..
I've made crops of the left and right arms and added arrows to where I think might be blouse..
Does that look about right??

Her left arm

Her right arm

PS. Glenna, the group photo was sent home way back around the end of July last year...  lol
I believe I had done a bit more work to it than what is showing in the previous post, before it
was sent home... Thank you and everyone for helping me out with the latest...  :up:

glennab

Hi Robert --  Well, that's embarassing.  Talk about being behind the times!  It's 'cause I'm old.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

pcraft

No need to be embarrassed Glenna...  Besides, they say we're only as old as we feel...  lol
I'm 39 and holding and as my nephew tells me, with 18 years of experience...  lol
Birth date.. Feb. 20th 1950 LOL

glennab

Hey Robert

I'm only 30 in my mind, and I'm proud to have made it to 61, but the brain fades make me crazy!  I've begged my husband to PLEASE come visit me in the nursing home!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

RosyBijou

I think that you've got the sleeve edges marked...  tough to see with those whites, huh?  She's looking terrific!

Laughing about the age discussion.  My 6 year old asked me how old I was a couple of days ago--before answering him, I told him to take a guess..  (I should know better!)  He thought for a minute or so, and with utmost seriousness said, "around 104..."   (I'm in my 40's!)   AND, he didn't believe me when I told him my real age!
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

glennab

Kerry -- that's a riot.  Kids are so great.  One of my sales manager's kids asked me how old I am, and I told him straight-faced that I'm 150.  He didn't miss a beat -- all he said was "Wow! You're older than my dad!"  You've gotta love 'em.

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

pcraft

OK, I've reworked her right arm...  Is it looking ok??

klassylady25

pcraft

Thanks Candy...  I guess I'd best get that other arm done...    :)

But, it's going to have to wait until tomorrow..  5am comes too early...  lol

glennab

Hi Robert

She looks great!  Did you decide to leave off the "lace" or whatever it is on her sleeves?  I wish I could figure out exactly what that is.  It looks like white eyelet fabric sewn to the sleeves, but I've never seen an arrangement like that.

I know what you mean about those early mornings!  Awfully difficult to get up and crawl off to work!

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hi Robert,

You've done a really nice job on this.  She looks great.  What have you decided on the white on her sleeves?  It is kind of hard to tell if it's lace or damage.

Sharing my own "child" story, we have guests this week, including a 6 year old.  Having lost my 18 year old cat a week ago today, I've cried quite a bit this week, and my 6 year old guest so kindly told me that I had bags under my eyes!  Fortunately, I could laugh at it.  "From the mouths of babes!"