• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

2 New 4/19/08

Started by Dave, April 19, 2008, 09:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

We received two new thank you's yesterday. While only one came with a note, both came with donations totaling $70.

Here's the note:

My first batch of restored photographs arrived. Words are inadequate to describe how excited we were to received them. We've been home about 10 months and continue to try to reclaim our life. Your gift of restored photographs has truly been a blessing. I look forward to receiving more photographs.

Please accept my gratitude and this small token as you continue to provide smiles, tears and hope.

Sincerley,
Hope H.
Ocean Springs, MS
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Hannie

Thanks for sharing this note Dave, it is lovely.

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

I remember Hope in Biloxi, and she is the sweetest lady.  She has always been SO appreciative of all we have done for her.  She's the one who brought in the knee pads for the photographers in Biloxi as well.  Thanks for sharing this Dave!

Chris

glennab

Dave, thanks for taking the time to share these thank you notes with us.  It punctuates my impression of the Biloxi citizens we met while there – that they're an incredible, gracious group of survivors for whom I'll gladly restore photos until I keel over!  Ms. Hope was so dear to have thought of the knee pads.  Our camera crew needed all the relief they could get!

Bless,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Thanks for sharing Dave. What a wonderful gift for Ms. Hope to know that OPR cares about the Katrina victims and is still helping out. You can almost see her going through each photo and being so delighted to have them restored. So many times in a disaster there is a rush of aid, but as time goes by the attention fades. What a special group of people the OPR volunteers are.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]