• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What is your hobby?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 11, 2011, 08:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dany

Wow! It's great to read about everyone's hobbies. Thank you for sharing!!

I like to read as well; however, like Pat, Stephen King scares me! I do own one of his, The Stand, the only one I enjoyed and could endure. I tend to read the classics and every summer I choose one or two, such as Jane Eyre or Homer. (Haven't chosen this summer's yet.)

Outside of finding new things I can do in/with Photoshop, I draw pencil/charcoal portraits and have recently ventured into creating more abstract art with colored pencils. I have been drawing a long time, but it wasn't until two years ago that I really let anyone see. Many who knew me didn't realize I could draw...funny how that works. Here's a link to my FB page that has a few portraits I have drawn, feel free to browse: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Expression-Portraits-by-Danyelle/213364026599

I also enjoy swing dancing and go when I can, putting together and collecting jigsaw puzzles. And above anything else, I love, love, love nature.  :loveit: If it can be done outside then that's where you will find me. I would like to travel more, and hopefully I will soon be able to do so.

Hannie

Dani, thanks for sharing your portraits, they are beautiful!
Your drawing skills should come in handy when you do photo restoring as well.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Pat, I've got my lasts made but I need to make them a little deeper at the toe by building up the plaster of paris. Next step is to make a pattern for the top side of the shoe. Then I'll cut and sew the uppers.

Dany, have you read 'The Count of Monte Cristo'? I love all the mini-stories woven into the main one. I love your drawings. Not that we want our restorations to look like drawings, but knowing how to draw can be very helpful in our work!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Dany

Thank you, Hannie and Tori. I hope the drawing skills will help. I have done some minor restorations before, nothing too difficult though. Looking forward to the challenge.

Tori, I haven't read that one yet. Perhaps that is the one I will choose this summer. So often, I hear references made to certain novels and think...I need to read that.

Jonas.Wendorf

Margie,

when I'm playing, I'm also wearing the kilt that I received when I got the bagpipes ;-).
Which was quite shocking to my friends the first time they saw me :-).

Well, of course she plays a big role as well, but most of the time I was really doing things for school (so I had to be with her for the rest of the time of course ;-)).
Best regards,
Jonas

Mhayes

Dany, like Hannie said, your drawing skills will come in very handy here---love your work, especially "Humble Reflection."

Jonas, what can I say, but of course!  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Jonas, we want to see proof of your bagpipes and kilt!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Jonas.Wendorf

;D I'll take some pictures the next time I play.
Best regards,
Jonas

kiska

We're gonna hold you to it.  >:D
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro