• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Have I missed anything?

Started by PatW, October 23, 2011, 11:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatW

The dog's tag is bothering me, but when I look at all the channels it just doesn't look like damage.  What do you think?  ...and do you see anything else that might be a problem?   

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/patriciados/Forum-orig_B25_4x6-21-1.jpg[/img]]

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/patriciados/Forum-B25_4x6-21-1.jpg[/img]]

Mhayes

Hi Pat,

I don't think it is damage either. If you blow it up to 400% you can see the faint outline of a bunny sitting up? OK, just kidding! I think maybe there are two tags--rabies and a personalized one?

I think your restore looks good and the only thing is that the dog has pink cast, but when I did a color correction it came out the same---looks better on the computer than on the web. I wonder if the collar caused that if a flash was used?

Cute photo.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

OMG... it is a bunny..... :wow:

I didn't see that slight red cast around the dog's collar on my monitor, but I'm seeing it now on the web.  I agree, it may be reflected light from the flash.  Pretty sure I've got the overall color right.

Well, nuts,  just noticed I missed a spot under the man's lip.... and after I thought I had reviewed every inch of the picture at least three times.   :D ... Yes, that's how my eyes really look at this point.

I love this photo.

Mhayes

Pat, I think your colors are probably true to the original. I didn't see the spot under the man's lip---this maybe a case of staring at it too long.  ;)

The dog makes me smile as I can't tell if he wants to be part of party or whether he is being protective of the girl. The birthday party may have been for him.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Great job, Pat.  I think the dog is pink and I like the color.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Pat, what a lovely photo and what a great job you did!

I know we don't enhance photos but seeing this is such an important photo, I wonder if we can lighten up the area of the girl's husband some so his face shows more?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Hannie, I'm so glad you said that!!!  It was killing me not to lighten his face a little.  In fact I was going to ask if I could upload two versions. I'll post a lightened version in a bit.

PatW

How does this version look?  I maybe could go a little lighter... but I worry about keeping it looking natural.
Hannie, I just noticed your version looks better.  I used a screen layer at 34% to lighten his face.  What did you do?

Hannie

That looks good Pat!  I don't think you need to make it any lighter than that?

(I did a curves layer black and white dropper first, the little black dish on the table and the whitest part of the girls shirt, the neckline.  On another curves layer for the grey dropper I clicked in the back ground till I found a good spot, lowered the opacity to 50% to keep some of the warm colors)

I used a levels adjustment layer and moved the gamma (middle) slider some to the left. A layer mask to only show the adjustment where I wanted it to show.
Actually I repeated the above because the first attempt didn't quite do the job.
(when you click on Alt and drag the layer mask from the first Levels adjustment layer to the top Levels adjustment layer, the masking is copied onto your new layer mask)

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

Thanks, Hannie!  I'll send it in.  :)