• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Winona Post

Started by schen, April 25, 2008, 09:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

If you paid attention, you should have seen the red shoes:

And the plaid is in:

To show their support and appreciation, Winona Community Foundation http://www.winonacommunityfoundation.com/ made a donation to OPR.

We are in the newspaper.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

JShimshak

I watched the Fox 25/48 news also.
Very well done.
They even mentioned people could donate to OPR by going to the website.

I found the story on their website, but also haven't found a video clip.
I'm not sure they put videos on their site or not.

Jeremiah
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." – Steven Wright

schen

The beautiful Winona City Hall

The nice Winona County Historical Society building where we worked

Watkins of Winona, the largest direct sale company in the world during the 40's.

Shujen Chen

cmpentecost

It's 10:40.  Why is half of my volunteer crew for tomorrow still up and on the internet.  Oops......that includes me.

Thank you to Shujen for the wonderful photos he is sharing.  This helps to give all of you a taste of Winona!

Christine

mschonher

You guys are the greatest!    :loveit:   Thanks for all the reports and photos. And speaking of photos, Schen, I love the pics of the stained glass windows.
Chris, I love the red shoes, I'm surprised they're not purple.

Mary

kiska

HEY! I had my red shoes first.  :-* :-*
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

mschonher

Kiska, you'll have to post a photo of you in your red shoes.............Mary

kiska

Your wish..........................

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

schen

Shujen Chen

cmpentecost

:funny:   I think I started something here!

Chris

laportelj

I love those red shoes , I want some too.

mschonher

Thanks Kiska,  I've heard of the "Red Hat Society"  but this is something new.  Pretty soon it will be required for all of us to have a pair of red shoes.

glennab

Kiska, your red shoes are awesome, too.  I think part of our "uniform" should be an OPR t-shirt and red shoes!  Yes, Chris, you really did start something.  Setting the fashion tone for Operation Photo Rescue volunteers.  How great is that!  I must say, the shot of the red-shod crew in the airport is priceless.

Love the photos of Winona, especially the stained glass inside the Historical Society building.  What a beautiful and appropriate place to conduct a copy run.

I'll look forward to more about how things go today and how many photos you were able to gather.

Not to be soppy (oh why not), but I love you guys!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

JShimshak

Here's a link to the story done by KTTC TV from Rochester, MN. (no video link, yet?)
http://www.kttc.com/News/index.php?ID=24332

The Winona copy run is now done, and I can't thank Christine, Margie, Jan, Shu-Jen & Tom enough for coming. The people that brought in photos were so grateful for OPR's services. The stories they told about their experiences with the flooding.... just unbelievable, what they went through!

I'll be sure to post in the Forum, any "Letters of Thanks" that we get at my newspaper.

Thanks again OPR!

Jeremiah
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." – Steven Wright

THJacobson

Just got back home.  It was a real joy working with  the crew.  They even tolerated my obsession for organization.  Those here and the rest on board, you are really showing a great commitment to assist people in need.  Believe me, I do know what I am speaking of.

Tom

PS  Chris,  hope you made it to Gays and do not start any rumors with your mom about me.